Board logo

Picked up my kit today
ceebmoj - 22/6/14 at 09:41 PM

Picked up my Cyana kit today, from Rob at Cyana sports cars. Rob has been great to deal with. hear are a couple of pictures to say that I am excited is a bit of an understatement.

Description
Description

Description
Description

I have a build blog over at project cyana

daniel mason - 22/6/14 at 09:57 PM

Why don't they advertise? I think that chassis and body style would be a sure hit with the right marketing!

[Edited on 22/6/14 by daniel mason]

gavin174 - 22/6/14 at 09:58 PM

is it just the bodywork..
or is Rob doing a complete kit now?

daniel mason - 22/6/14 at 10:10 PM

He does a round tube chassis which he races in 750mc

ceebmoj - 22/6/14 at 10:19 PM

I don't know why they don't advertise more, I think its a great product. But then I did buy one.

Both the chassis and the body are Cyana. The chassis is round tube CDS and looks lovely. The whole kit is very competitively priced, I take some more photos showing the suspension and chassis as I strip the car down.

Picture of the fount of my car being built up in the jigs.
Description
Description

[Edited on 22/6/14 by ceebmoj]

daniel mason - 22/6/14 at 10:21 PM

I've seen pics of the round tube chassis and it looks very well designed and strong which is important!
What diff does it take?

ceebmoj - 22/6/14 at 10:25 PM

Rob seams to be open to making modifications to take most things. I went with a sierra diff because I had an LSD and the race cars have been built with a Duratec, rocket box and sierra diff.

[Edited on 22/6/14 by ceebmoj]

cerbera - 22/6/14 at 10:33 PM

Nice. Good luck with the build

TimC - 22/6/14 at 10:56 PM

That looks great - will continue to follow the blog.

ashg - 23/6/14 at 06:47 AM

i took some pictures of the chassis a couple of years back at Stoneleigh because it stood out from the crowd and put them on here. have to agree its one of the most aesthetically pleasing chassis i have seen on a kit car and there are some nice bits of functional design thrown in for good measure too.

im guessing he doesn't advertise much as a chassis that complex doesn't go together overnight :-)

[Edited on 23/6/2014 by ashg]

ceebmoj - 23/6/14 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
i took some pictures of the chassis a couple of years back at Stoneleigh because it stood out from the crowd and put them on here. have to agree its one of the most aesthetically pleasing chassis i have seen on a kit car and there are some nice bits of functional design thrown in for good measure too.

im guessing he doesn't advertise much as a chassis that complex doesn't go together overnight :-)

[Edited on 23/6/2014 by ashg]

The photos you posted, lead me to buy the kit from Rob. Thanks for posting them.

As I understand it Rob also offers a square tube chassis that will fit under the same body work I opted for this because I think it looks great and wanted a bit of a step forwards from the locost. Rob and his dad where great to deal with.

rdodger - 24/6/14 at 08:16 AM

If it goes as well as it looks it will be amazing!