Board logo

Being spotted
stripe - 18/10/14 at 07:07 PM

So now I'm back on the road after my engine ate itself after 100 miles.... How many of you have been spotted by others on here? How long did it take to be spotted?

greed1 - 18/10/14 at 07:18 PM

If you drove through Banbury on Friday I spotted you

stripe - 18/10/14 at 07:29 PM

It turns out not very long then!

Yes that was me... I was trying to get back to Birmingham from Southam/Leamington spa with out a map.... Only realised how wrong I was when I got to edge hill.... And then had to turn back through Banbury for the 2nd time...

kj - 18/10/14 at 07:32 PM

Not been spotted yet:-(

coozer - 18/10/14 at 07:39 PM

Have a butchers at the lcb location thread to see where we all are and have a drive round to see how many hits you get

greed1 - 18/10/14 at 07:46 PM

Good to see you looked a bit fresh, think I must have caught you the first time round coming down from southam.
Had to chuckle as I was going to phone RAW when I got home to have a chat about the 4age.
What went wrong with yours?

stripe - 18/10/14 at 08:00 PM

I bought an 16v 4age engine that had the bottom end rebuilt recently ( when I bought it) had receipts for all the parts... So I rebuilt the top end only.... Turns out that the bottom end rebuild was a lie, also I had some oil starvation issues due to my oil cooler take of plate having a union that was too long, so ended up spitting a big end bearing out after 100 miles... After inspection it turns out the little ends were shot as well...

daniel mason - 18/10/14 at 08:06 PM

Last forum member to see me was David slater (volvorsport) at the blyton park wscc sprint event!
Unfortunately I was heading backwards through the gravel at the time clenching my butt cheeks and hoping i didn't hit anything too hard

stripe - 18/10/14 at 08:14 PM

I'm hoping only to be spotted going any direction but backwards.... Something's normally gone wrong then!!!

Barkalarr - 18/10/14 at 09:03 PM

Hopefully no one saw me this afternoon crawling back through chelmsford - one of my front wheel arches decided to come unstuck at the bottom so I limped back home wincing at every bump.
No damage done, and was my own fault - I intended to bond them to the stays with chop mat, just hadn't got round to doing it yet.
That's a job for next week then!

myke pocock - 18/10/14 at 09:39 PM

Never!!!