Board logo

Rain???!!!
AdeB - 17/9/15 at 02:09 PM

Good Afternoon all,

This might be a really stupid question, but why break break the habit of a lifetime!.
Are the cockpit/instrument areas of Locost/MK Indy and the like waterproof if caught out in the typically British weather, or should I look at specific instrumentation etc?
I don't plan on being labelled as a fair weather driver, but I obviously wish to future proof my investment.

Thanks for the help,

Ade

40inches - 17/9/15 at 02:24 PM

The day after registering my RH I went from Chesterfield to Whitby, it poured down with rain all the way there, and a week later, all the way back
No problems with the Sierra column stalks, or the dash switches and Smiths instruments, but the speedo had a bit of mist inside for about a month.
What I did learn was, to drill holes in the seat base, and cockpit floor, carry a towel and wear a crash helmet and bike waterproofs

rusty nuts - 17/9/15 at 06:08 PM

Common problem after getting wet is the Sierra hazard light switch plays up, a squirt of WD40 helps

DJT - 17/9/15 at 07:34 PM

Ive got an Acwell dash and Sierra column with standard shroud. Had plenty of massive drenchings, eg 400 miles of rain on one day of this years Euro trip and had no electrical issues.

Matt21 - 24/9/15 at 10:39 AM

No issues with mine in numerous downpours, sierra column and cbr900 clocks

I bought a 1 piece waterproof suit from JJC race and rally (Uber, £15!!!) and its brilliant