Board logo

I think I just F%$^ed up.
Staple balls - 15/10/15 at 03:54 PM

So, I've been floundering on the toy rather, and seriously considering flogging it to make way for real life.

But I thought, y'know, get it running and get a video just to make it more appealing.

Next thing I'm half a mile down the road with a 14 year old grinning like a tw@t in the passenger seat.

I need to sell a kidney or something to finish this thing.

[Edited on 15/10/15 by Staple balls]

owelly - 15/10/15 at 04:00 PM

So you've kidnapped a kid?

ReMan - 15/10/15 at 04:12 PM

Real life eh!
Good luck with that one, sounds like your doing fine to me

nick205 - 15/10/15 at 04:12 PM

You can't best the first drive - IIRC I smiled like a wally for days after mine and then got to finishing it for the SVA test.

Staple balls - 15/10/15 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
So you've kidnapped a kid?

Nah, he's mine by association.

David Jenkins - 15/10/15 at 06:04 PM

I get like that sometimes - wonder if it's worth paying good money to keep running my car, when I don't use it all the time. Then I go out and have a "perfect blast" round the Suffolk back roads and realise why I keep it!

Staple balls - 15/10/15 at 06:42 PM

Incidentally, me and the sprog have now bled the brakes, and changed a balljoint.

I think I accidentally got him hooked on cars.

steve m - 15/10/15 at 06:56 PM

My 7 was off the road for a couple of years, due, I don't know! but I had lost a bit of interest
however a passenger ride in a friends 7, got me back into it, and over the last 3 years, have clocked up around 8k miles

not bad for a car that only comes out at the weekend !!

joining a club, and having runs out, is the way to go, and pretty well all my kit car mileage, is with mates, on a breakfast run somewhere in the sussex kent Hampshire area

steve

kj - 15/10/15 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
Incidentally, me and the sprog have now bled the brakes, and changed a balljoint.

I think I accidentally got him hooked on cars. :

D

Not using mine much and thought of getting rid but when you drive it you want to give yourself a slap for even thinking it.

russbost - 16/10/15 at 09:23 AM

40inches - 16/10/15 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kj
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls

I think I accidentally got him hooked on cars. :

D

Not using mine much and thought of getting rid but when you drive it you want to give yourself a slap for even thinking it.

You need someone on standby to give you a large slap

kj - 16/10/15 at 06:45 PM

Always here to slap you if you can return the favour 40 inches