Board logo

Garage slippers - help
MikeR - 19/11/15 at 05:21 PM

hopefully I'm not the only one.

I wear slippers. great things, keep my feet warm and mean I can nip outside without thinking about it. the downside is I get distracted and often find I'm doing jobs in my slippers. little jobs like removing 25 sqm of rotten decking, or chopping branches off a tree.

so I'm thinking for christmas I should ask for some slippers with steel toecap and soles. realistically is their anything slipperish that would protect my feet, keep them warm and be allowed in the house? .

if not, what do you do?

ReMan - 19/11/15 at 05:47 PM

You're the only one
Do you have a cap or pipe to complement them?

I still have most bits intact because I don't take my gardening slippers into the bedroom

Slippers indoors, croccs are handy for halsfway , otherwise you need some nice hd trainers for boots for outdoors
You know it makes sense

steve m - 19/11/15 at 05:49 PM

I live in crocs, garage as well, but no good for welding or grinding,
plus if you drop ANYTHING, I try and remember to jump out of the way

otherwise I use old trainers in the garage

steve

ste - 19/11/15 at 06:21 PM

http://m.instructables.com/id/Steel-toe-bunny-slippers/

Toys2 - 19/11/15 at 06:22 PM

How about something like this? (though nowhere near as cool as bunny slippers)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/STEELTOE-RESISTANT-SAFETY-SANDAL-SIZES/dp/B008FLE2MS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447957141&sr=8-1&keywords=steel+toe+c ap+sandals

[Edited on 19/11/15 by Toys2]

ste - 19/11/15 at 06:23 PM

Or these
http://www.worldofclogs.com/acatalog/www_worldofclogs_com_Safety_Lite_41.html

JacksAvon - 19/11/15 at 07:03 PM

I want Bunny slippers for Christmas

tegwin - 19/11/15 at 07:07 PM

I use crocs..... Might look like a buffoon but they are quick and super grippy... And if you get them oily just washing machine them

joneh - 19/11/15 at 07:11 PM

Get some clogs.

I found out something interesting about Crocs. The holes on the front are for your dignity to drain out from.

Smoking Frog - 19/11/15 at 07:20 PM

We all should dress for the occasion, but I have to admit slipping on twenty year old trainers (with no laces) to go to the shed. But slippers, come on man, get a grip

RichieW - 19/11/15 at 07:45 PM

Rigger boots.

They slip on and off like slippers. Fleece lined too. I do all my garage and garden work in them for the simple reason I can slip them off at the back door or the threshold of the house/garage and keep all the mud, steel grindings and nasty sharp stuff outside. Aldi sell them fairly regularly and I often pick a pair up for about ten quid when they reduce them. No brainer. No laces. On and off in seconds. Keep your feet warm too.

[Edited on 19/11/15 by RichieW]

kj - 19/11/15 at 07:52 PM

What about those new Lego slippers

cliftyhanger - 19/11/15 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
Rigger boots.

They slip on and off like slippers. Fleece lined too. I do all my garage and garden work in them for the simple reason I can slip them off at the back door or the threshold of the house/garage and keep all the mud, steel grindings and nasty sharp stuff outside. Aldi sell them fairly regularly and I often pick a pair up for about ten quid when they reduce them. No brainer. No laces. On and off in seconds. Keep your feet warm too.

[Edited on 19/11/15 by RichieW]

I find rigger boots a bit of faff, and tend to be used only when really needed. Better are dealer boots (mine from Aldi) and they really are simple. Much easier to get your foot in and out of! Steel toecaps, decent soles. Mine were £8. Much better at resisting weld splat than my old running shoes.

Andybarbet - 19/11/15 at 09:18 PM

I have to admit, crocs here too, doesn't matter if you get them wet, seem to last forever too, definately work well if you stub your toes as they are spongey.

Mind you, a friend of mine always said " you see those holes in the top of the crocs, that's where your dignity falls out"