Board logo

Just drove my car for the first time in 5 years :)
gregs - 27/1/16 at 08:03 PM

Ok it's dark and it was only up and down the drive but its running and it'll be on the road this summer!!

It sat in the garage whilst kids and house builds got in the way.... inspiration post xmas got me to change the stem seals (when it was last using the seals were lifting and sending oil down the guides onto the plugs) and sorted out a couple of other bits. Is now running nicely, starting easily (which it never used to!!) so looking forward to MOT in march.

Only thing that seems to not have survived the storage is the wideband sensor which is throwing fault codes

Greg S

coozer - 27/1/16 at 08:14 PM

Well done! About 2 years since I touched mine but hopefully something will happen this year!!

myke pocock - 27/1/16 at 09:09 PM

Must get my Midge out from its extended hibernation of around 7 years and sort it, then sell! Mind you, that will create a space. Mmm, Trabant size maybe? She'd kill me.

MikeR - 28/1/16 at 12:12 PM

its probably been 5 years for me with work and Children - determined to get cracking again this year having read this. Big challenge is to weld in the roll bar and get the fuel tank mounted. Do that and I could join you in driving the drive.....

Thanks for the inspiration

gregs - 28/1/16 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Must get my Midge out from its extended hibernation of around 7 years and sort it, then sell! Mind you, that will create a space. Mmm, Trabant size maybe? She'd kill me.

Sell it -that's exactly what I was thinking.... until i started playing with it again!!!