Board logo

Vincent Hurricane
hector - 8/11/17 at 08:15 PM

Hi
Does anyone know much about these cars? I am going to look at one this weekend with view to buying it, I do know they are based on the triumph spitfires with fibreglass bodies, any one shed any light on what to look for and values?
cheers colin

gremlin1234 - 8/11/17 at 09:11 PM

no idea of current value,
but spitfires are almost mechano
but remember the youngest of them are 35years old.
a vincent would be pre iva or sva
likely to have single circuit breaks
check the condition of the fibreglass
although on a chassis, the original spitfire sills were part of the structure of the car,
(heralds had longer outriggers, and a side frame on the chassis. & their overall chassis was longer by about 8 inches)

importantly, check its registered as a vincent hurricane, it would be very difficult to do the paperwork today. (though not completely impossible)

actually unless its just a complete mess, go for it ;-)

cliftyhanger - 8/11/17 at 09:47 PM

Think a spitfire but with a fibreglass body.
Not the strongest of cars mechanically, but depending on exactly which rear suspension is used the handling can be OK. Not up to a 7esque type car by some stretch, but can be great fun.
One of the Vincent family has one (name eludes me at the moment), now fitted with an MX5 engine/box and I have met him at a few trackdays. Seems pretty good....

Values are hard. Not that many about, and probably not worth as much as a spitfire in good condition.

steve m - 8/11/17 at 10:10 PM

Having looked at some pics on yahoo, I would only be interested in one if it was free, or had some providence

There even uglier than katy price

hector - 9/11/17 at 02:40 PM

Ah ok then its worth a look at least then!!

gremlin1234 - 13/11/17 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hector
Ah ok then its worth a look at least then!!
what was it like ?

hector - 13/11/17 at 08:32 PM

it was ok, its approx. 90pc built, all rolling and wired, its has a 2 litre straight six engine (gt6) needs a few bits -windscreen/door seals weather strips for doors and finishing and a nice respray as its in gelcoat still but a good basis for a nice little car, have the donor v5 so need to get it registered as rebodied, although I need to get my mk1 essy finished first!!
cheers

alfas - 15/11/17 at 09:56 PM

they are built from 1982 to 1985

more or less a re-body for a spitfire (or GT6). windscreen should be spitfire, too.

as double wishbone, front suspenson is very good

rear end a bit vague ...with lots of lowering and neg. camber it works ok

i guess you have already read here:

http://vincenthurricane.org/Vincent_Hurricane_Register/Technical.html