Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Sylva Striker owner
DapperRob

posted on 24/8/15 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
A brilliant, thanks chap. Again JK Composites are the only ones I know of which are narrow enough. Comfy enough, I presume?

Rob

BDMStriker

posted on 25/8/15 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention!. The front indicators are original to the Sylva build ( it was originally built back in 1997) the guy i bought it from hadnt had it long after he bought it.. ( in the 3rd owner as far as im aware) before it was mothballed 2002 ish till 2013 from a suspect dead engine which he then lost interest ( which turned out to be insulation failure on no3 sparkplug.. head was off and skimmed, new valve guides. Pressure tested etc when i got my hands on it. Its one of the best condition 20xes ive seen. Most are shot now or had a lot of money on them.. !

As for comfort of the seats.. ill give some feedback in the near future!. Seems a lot of people do run them though!

[Edited on 25/8/15 by BDMStriker]

bi22le

posted on 25/8/15 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have got a JK comp in my Striker. Its snug but then Im short and skinny(ish).

I did put my foot through the bottom of it thought when getting in and out of the car on a track day so be careful!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

jeffw

posted on 26/8/15 at 05:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DapperRob
A brilliant, thanks chap. Again JK Composites are the only ones I know of which are narrow enough. Comfy enough, I presume?

Rob

I have Tillett B3.5 carbon seats in the Phoenix which is essentially a Striker with clothes so there are other seats that would fit.

BDMStriker

posted on 12/10/15 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
MOT Passed.... Shame its so late in the year!

bit of an animal compared to what i know !

Dopdog

posted on 12/10/15 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Well done for getting it on the road you just need to get out and have some fun with.
perksy

posted on 12/10/15 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice that
peter030371

posted on 13/10/15 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Looks great, will we see you on the JPSC stand at Stoneleigh next year then
The Knobs

posted on 14/10/15 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Remember hours speant on that in my garage, good times, seems a lifetime ago

[Edited on 14/10/15 by The Knobs]

BDMStriker

posted on 5/2/16 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
4 months in,

What fun they are to drive!, 3 year of it being a complete pain in the backside.. engine management issues.. new diff. etc etc

But by far one of the most rewarding cars Ive ever owned... Im still apprehensive with it as its a totally different beast to fwd and 4wd hot hatches, but slowly starting to feel the car & how i performs, Much needed Track time is possibly my next thing,

Hopefully get along to a few meets & shows this year I keep hearing about Stoneleigh which i think will be 100%

Any more which others think i should know about would be greatly appreciated!

adithorp

posted on 5/2/16 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ifyou're after track time you'd be hard pressed to beat Franks Blyton Days There's plenty of LCB members there, not to much traffic on track and lots of run off... and they're relatively local to you as well.

JPSC club usually have a good turn out at Stoneleigh with quite a few arriving Sat afternoon and staying the whole weekend. It'd be good to see another Striker/owner.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

peter030371

posted on 5/2/16 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BDMStriker
4 months in,

What fun they are to drive!, 3 year of it being a complete pain in the backside.. engine management issues.. new diff. etc etc

But by far one of the most rewarding cars Ive ever owned... Im still apprehensive with it as its a totally different beast to fwd and 4wd hot hatches, but slowly starting to feel the car & how i performs, Much needed Track time is possibly my next thing,

Hopefully get along to a few meets & shows this year I keep hearing about Stoneleigh which i think will be 100%

Any more which others think i should know about would be greatly appreciated!

Wish this forum had a like button

BDMStriker

posted on 31/10/16 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Another Little update.

covered just under 3000 miles, a fair few updates to it,,,

New tyres all round

Possibly the only set of DHLAs with working chokes too (from what ive been told theyre usually useless),

MOT man wanted a rear FOG light which really i didnt need but to cut the hassle fitted one just so theres no reason to be failed for not having it etc,

had originally Sorned it for winter... which didnt really last much past 4 weeks before I couldnt take it any longer,

another years MOT

hopefully get it out and about to a few bits and bobs next year once it warms up

[Edited on 31/10/16 by BDMStriker]

Hammy360

posted on 7/11/16 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great mate! Do you know there is no legal requirement to have your race numbers crossed out. Its an MSA rule not a legal thing

Hammy

BDMStriker

posted on 9/11/16 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammy360
Looks great mate! Do you know there is no legal requirement to have your race numbers crossed out. Its an MSA rule not a legal thing

Yeah I wasnt until recently mate.. I wasnt 100% on the legalities of it and i crossed them purely incase i got pulled for it seems to get attention as 7 esque cars dont half stick out like a sore thumb!,

now theyre no longer crossed, it'll never see competition other than the odd track day, i just wanted something to break up the side panels a bit... hoping for a few blats round cadwell & blyton early 2017, spectated a fair few times with mates going

[Edited on 9/11/16 by BDMStriker]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.