Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Build trestles

posted on 9/8/14 at 05:38 AM Reply With Quote
Build trestles

Hi All,

An impending op will force me to take it easy for a bit, so no heavy lifting, bending down,
or jumping on the treadle gilly for a while.
Not being one to "sit about" I thought I'd use this opportunity to get the locost up and running,
maybe even to the IVA stage as the thing is worthless as it is.

Rather than working at ground level, last week I invested it a new Hi-lift jack (needed a new jack anyway)
and yesterday I knocked up some build trestles.
It seemed really weird making these as for most people this would be a first job and here was I years down
the line making mine. The car now looks huge stuck up in the air but at least all is reachable without bending.

My baby has been in storage, under dust covers and in the dry, but the first thing I spotted was that every
rubber b/j cover has split, so that'll be the first job then.
At least the engine started, second turn of the key in fact. It was so nice of those wonderful people at Lotus
to build me such a reliable power plant all those years ago.

Cheers
Paul G

A gadget to save bending down.
A gadget to save bending down.

rusty nuts

posted on 9/8/14 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hope the op isn't too serious and you make a speedy recovery , will try to get over to see you . Mel
David Jenkins

posted on 9/8/14 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907

At least the engine started, second turn of the key in fact. It was so nice of those wonderful people at Lotus

'Lotus' and 'reliable' - there are two words you don't normally see in the same sentence!

Good luck with everything - perhaps Mel and I can turn up at your place together sometime, and have a chat over a mug of tea?

posted on 9/8/14 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by 907

"'Lotus' and 'reliable' - there are two words you don't normally see in the same sentence!"

I have a leather bound copy of the Hethel Dictionary. It's listed in there as the same word.

Good luck with everything - perhaps Mel and I can turn up at your place together sometime, and have a chat over a mug of tea?

Or better still bring the other half's and I'll burn, whoops sorry, cook some burgers.

Cheers Mel & David,
Paul G

rusty nuts

posted on 9/8/14 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by 907

"'Lotus' and 'reliable' - there are two words you don't normally see in the same sentence!"

I have a leather bound copy of the Hethel Dictionary. It's listed in there as the same word.

What a comedian , you should have been on the stage , THE NEXT ONE OUT OF TOWN !

Or better still bring the other half's and I'll burn, whoops sorry, cook some burgers.

Sounds good t me

Cheers Mel & David,
Paul G

wilkingj

posted on 1/9/14 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hope all goes well with the op.
Make sure you do a proper job on the recovery time. You dont want to leve yourself with a problem for later on.

Hope the build work continues, Its about time you got it on the road.

Lotus = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.
Lets hope this isnt the case.

Geoff and Linda

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 2/9/14 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Geoff

The op went really well.
Luckily I remembered to take a pair of running shoes so I made it back home the same day.

Since I suffer from "itchy ass" I am keeping busy. The snag is I can't yet lift anything heavy so the wife follows me to the loo.
Problem solved.

Job number one on a lightweight theme was to turn a stainless sheet pallet into a bird table. I'm no chippy so that's as good as it gets.

Description
Description

The nut covers and new rubber b/j boots arrived so they have been fitted; yup, I know I've missed one. (the old ones had split)

I know. One missing
I know. One missing

And again on a lightweight theme the one piece exhaust has been changed for a split system, more like the ones I would normally make.
It will also give me a chance to test other sizes easily and compare noise readings on the same engine.

Repackable Can
Repackable Can

My tum isn't quite ready for the Makita polishing mop yet so I'll sort the bodywork out tomorrow if I get a spare hour. I wish.

Cheers,
Paul G

p.s.
as for L.O.T.U.S.

It stands for Lust Over This U Sucker

rusty nuts

posted on 2/9/14 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear things went OK , hope you make a swift recovery

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.