Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Zonda Kit Car
ragindave

posted on 22/1/15 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Zonda Kit Car

Interesting result!

https://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/dedicated-car-fan-spends-five-years-turning-%C2%A3100-ford-granada-into-%C2%A31m-zonda-supercar-replica-114632640.html

whitestu

posted on 22/1/15 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear That's a right mess.
McLannahan

posted on 22/1/15 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
He's a member on this forum. Hats off to him for his dedication, not everyone's cup of tea but he set out to create his dream car and he did. Pity some people have made hurtful comments. I'm sure we could all find faults with each other's builds and decisions

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=195764

r1_pete

posted on 22/1/15 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
When Wheeler Dealers did the glass fibre Corvette, they used a carbon fibre filler / finisher on the poor areas, I recon using that and some time / work, the bodywork could be transformed....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
maccmike

posted on 22/1/15 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
he sold it on ebay for £7200. Whether money has exchanged hands I dont know but I feel thats about £6500 more than its worth. Im all for crediting people for having a go but if you look at the build diary - its poor.
02GF74

posted on 22/1/15 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
Pity some people have made hurtful comments.

Those comments are a fair representation of the final product, look at the bodywork and there are ripples galore.

Thr project wad a HUGE undertaking, body hand crafted so fair play ndeed to the builder but it was a labour of love on a low budget and it unfortunately shows.

Read the newspaper comments, the one where an american offered $120,000 for it, really?

coyoteboy

posted on 23/1/15 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
This is precisely why I won't be making a body for my car.

kj

posted on 23/1/15 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry but yes its an open forum but why p+ss on people's projects. Had to get it off my chest

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

jacko

posted on 23/1/15 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
Sorry but yes its an open forum but why p+ss on people's projects. Had to get it off my chest

+1
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 23/1/15 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
If you are going to amateur build a replica of a ££££££££ supercar then you need to have thick skin really. If I had built that and I was happy with how it turned out I wouldn't give a flying f@@k about what anybody thought!!!

Top marks I say, regardless of how it looks, I can appreciate the amount of time and effort put into it.

coyoteboy

posted on 23/1/15 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Same reason people point out structural stupidities etc. If you're willing to build a replica supercar, have it featured in magazine/news articles you best be damned sure it looks awesome! The thing is that bodywork is really bloody hard for the amateur to get right. There's no way in hell I'd invite publicity unless it was indistinguishable. Plus I'd not make a replica anything- it's just not cricket.

zilspeed

posted on 24/1/15 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I think most of us were probably brought up to follow this maxim in life.

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

That's why the build thread is not filled with glowing praise for the man's huge dedication to getting his project finish.

I think that just about covers it.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.