<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: what is the Fastest/Most Powerful Seven
CNHSS1

posted on 2/4/15 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Fastest/Quickest/Most Powerful

All different questions with different answers. I know that Duncan's turbo Busa Dax is 550BHP or so and is likely to be in the running for Quickest and maybe most Powerful. Fastest would likely be a bodied 7 like a Phoenix or Fury (if they count). I've seen 164MPH on the GPS but I'm sure there are faster cars than that.

[Edited on 2/4/15 by jeffw]

as Jeff says, the 3 points are all different, unlikely to find a car that will do all 3.

often notice at Aintree and Anglesey the aero drag of the 7 types really makes them struggle. some of the quick Midland Busa 7s struggle to get over 115-118mph over the flying finish at Aintree, whereas my lardy old bus does 129-132mph depending on head/tail wind. The busa 7s kick my arse at the shorter or lower speed sprints though as youd imagine.

Simon McBeath did an article years ago *I think* in CCC (if not RacecarEngineering) with a Caterham in MIRAs wind tunnel to reduce drag. made a huge difference, lots of cardboard and tank tape to cowl in silencer etc, and front cycle wings that came so far forward around the tyre they almost met the floor

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 2/4/15 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Was gary in his westy cosworth or del's?
Matt is mega quick too. I saw tha turbo'd dax at hardwood a couple of years back and it couldn't get power down at all.i imagine the tight twisty bits with short straights didn't suit the car which I would think would be awesome somewhere really fast!
Surprised Gary was 7 secs behind as at anglesey he was up with the fastest cars there other than the Gould NME

[Edited on 2/4/15 by daniel mason]

perksy

posted on 2/4/15 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops forgot about Del and Gary sharing Dels car, Yes its bloody quick

Gary's old NA Cossie powered car wasn't slow either...

Mark Smiths old XE powered Westfield was absolutely awesome aswell but he's now moved to a single seater

[Edited on 2/4/15 by perksy]

obr_technology

posted on 2/4/15 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Fastest/Quickest/Most Powerful

All different questions with different answers. I know that Duncan's turbo Busa Dax is 550BHP or so and is likely to be in the running for Quickest and maybe most Powerful. Fastest would likely be a bodied 7 like a Phoenix or Fury (if they count). I've seen 164MPH on the GPS but I'm sure there are faster cars than that.

That's a really good point, the seven shape doesn't have a great coefficient of drag!

jeffw

posted on 2/4/15 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
This is an interesting comparison between a 7 (Levante) and something truly quick

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/235259/caterham_levante_v_caparo_t1.html

obr_technology

posted on 4/4/15 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
This is an interesting comparison between a 7 (Levante) and something truly quick

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/235259/caterham_levante_v_caparo_t1.html

That's an interesting read, with two cars that have a fairly similar power to weight ratio.

I suppose if you compared the Caterham to a more similarly priced 'production' car like a 911 turbo then it would be a different result.

I still think the Caterham is a lot of money for what it is when you compare it to a Radical SR8, but I suppose not if you compare it to the Atom V8.

bi22le

posted on 5/4/15 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
Back to OP. The question was about sevens.

Even of they have bags of aero.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.