Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Chasing an Ariel Atom, again.
beaver34

posted on 22/4/15 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
The microphone is inside my cone filter, it is loud anyway but without the external mic you just get wind noise.

Daniel - I'm now on "sticky rubber", not 888s but semi slicks none the less. I haven't got the funds for protec or similar dampers so the Gaz will have to stay - brakes are a good possibility though so will be changed asap.

Vtecmike - its an ally one from eBay, I also suffer from heat. 6 laps at Blyton and I need to come in to let it cool. I'm adding flared panels next month to try and let the heat out faster. Blyton problem is there are no long straights so you never really get proper airflow.

enjoyed the id dave, is it water temps that are your issues?

Slimy38

posted on 22/4/15 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666

Coozer - not more power needed, better brakes! The atoms pull so well out of the corners as they're both supercharged, I'm sat waiting for the boost :-(

[Edited on 21/4/15 by daveb666]

Dave, someone recently mentioned their turbo setup stalls when off throttle, was that your car? If so, is it worth coming up with a solution for that? It would certainly help with the boost delay, and it might give the turbo itself a few more years service.

coyoteboy

posted on 22/4/15 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Errr most turbos stall off-throttle if there's no bypass/BOV, don't they?

Mog72

posted on 22/4/15 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Really enjoyed that video, usually get bored of track day vids within a minute or so in !
Car sounds great too !! My Westy is just over 200bhp... Vids like this make me want more power !! Can't push my silver top anymore though without spending big bucks!!

theduck

posted on 22/4/15 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly off topic but which external mic do you use? Putting it in the airfilter is genius!
daniel mason

posted on 22/4/15 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
We have similar line through bunga bunga. Others use it differently! But yours is much better through the final turn! Lol

[Edited on 22/4/15 by daniel mason]

daniel mason

posted on 22/4/15 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GUBcMLDGg
daveb666

posted on 23/4/15 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GUBcMLDGg

That is an epic finish

quote:
Originally posted by Mog72
Really enjoyed that video, usually get bored of track day vids within a minute or so in !
Car sounds great too !! My Westy is just over 200bhp... Vids like this make me want more power !! Can't push my silver top anymore though without spending big bucks!!

I had the same problem, with a 170bhp zetec. Just couldn't warrant throwing money into an engine that's 'meant' to be N/A when I could buy a turbo one already done.

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34

I think so - don't have an oil temperature gauge so not exactly sure :p Water temp rises up to around 98-100 after 6 or 7 laps. If you do have a lap off boost it quickly cools down; the T28 is water cooled so I'm guessing that my rad simply can't keep things cool enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
Dave, someone recently mentioned their turbo setup stalls when off throttle, was that your car? If so, is it worth coming up with a solution for that? It would certainly help with the boost delay, and it might give the turbo itself a few more years service.

I've not noticed a lag, I was contemplating getting a recirc but the CA18 doesn't have one anyway so I'd be altering how the engine is usually plumbed together, plus I like the noise

quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Slightly off topic but which external mic do you use? Putting it in the airfilter is genius!

ebay special - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Flexible-Mic-Audio-External-Microphone-Adapter-for-Gopro-Hero-2-3-HD-/380997225744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item 58b5344d10

You'll also need an extension lead for it.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

jeffw

posted on 23/4/15 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote

daveb666

posted on 23/4/15 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw

You think you have a fast car, then jeffw comes along

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

jeffw

posted on 23/4/15 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
That was running about 300BHP....since gone from 0.7Bar boost to 1.3Bar and 397BHP so it is a little more adaquate now.

This was the WSCC sprint last year....extra power but I'd ruined my soft tyres so I was running cold mediums which made it errr....interesting.

coyoteboy

posted on 23/4/15 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
That inlet temp is pretty high!

jeffw

posted on 23/4/15 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
I think that is because you don't normally see inlet temps during these types of events. You will find that is pretty typically on boost....

daniel mason

posted on 23/4/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
A new set of boots would Definately have seen you in the sub 70s laps jeff.
Makes me wonder how much under 65 I could have gone with some decent tyres and a helmet I could see out of

beaver34

posted on 24/4/15 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34

I think so - don't have an oil temperature gauge so not exactly sure :p Water temp rises up to around 98-100 after 6 or 7 laps. If you do have a lap off boost it quickly cools down; the T28 is water cooled so I'm guessing that my rad simply can't keep things cool enough.

does it keep rising? 98-100 isnt really high i dont think my elise gets up to that on track after 6 laps

mine is water cooled also and ive fitted a coolers external to the car on both sides, oil on one side water on the other that has helped massively with temps on both water and oil

jeffw

posted on 24/4/15 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
110 or higher would be an issue, 100 is fine.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.