Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: BMW Z3 Cobra rep
r1_pete

posted on 15/7/15 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
BMW Z3 Cobra rep

I quite fancy building one of THESE Z3 based AC Cobra reps. Z3's seem to be quite cheap these days.

I don't want to go for the small 4 cylinder engine model, but which of the 6s do people generally regarded as the best..

Cheers.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 15/7/15 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
That links put me of my dinner!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

andrew.carwithen

posted on 15/7/15 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if I was wanting to re-clothe a Z3, I think the bertini is a much better looking car http://www.bertinigt25.com
The Kobra just looks wrong IMHO

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 15/7/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Aye, I have to say the proportions just look wrong... would prefer their MX250 kit.

Onto the subject, it looks like they had a fair old range of engines fitted.

First off I wouldn't bother with any of the engines below 2.5 litres... what's the point? In this case I'd lean towards bigger being better.

The M52 is a good engine (as long as it's a late version where they sorted out the Nikasil problem) and it's meant to be quite easy to increase the power of the 2.8 to about 220-240bhp by chipping and a new inlet.

If you can get one with the 3.2 litre engine do it (the Z3M with 320bhp!), other than that the M54 3.0 (228bhp) is probably your second best but I'm afraid I don't know much about it.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.