Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Clubs/Events in Germany and Haynes.co Qs..
Dudefladge

posted on 28/1/16 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Clubs/Events in Germany and Haynes.co Qs..

My first post here. I'm brand new to the Locost scene. I've purchased the top 3 recommended books and have been scouring the LocostUSA forum for information. I would like to build my own chassis (once I learn to weld :-) )

I am in the US military stationed in Germany and am interested in getting involved here, if possible.

I have looked for Germany based clubs or events, but have not found any yet. Can anyone offer some guidance on finding something?

Also, in my search for information I have looked through the Haynes.co.uk forum and would like to register there. However, I am not able to do so. It just posts this statement when I try to register: "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." Any help there as well?

Thanks All!

Rob

sprintB+

posted on 28/1/16 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
I belong to a German Kit Car Club, I'll try and find a link, they are also on facebook, I'll get back to you once I'm in front of a big screen thingy.
Dudefladge

posted on 28/1/16 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks! I'm in Wiesbaden.
sprintB+

posted on 28/1/16 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Here is a link, hope it works: http://www.dutton-club.de/ they cater for all kit cars despite their name. I will try to see if I can contact my friends out there. They have some very good builds and a fair social life.
garyt

posted on 28/1/16 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob and welcome, you can come and join us on roadster-builders.co.uk/forum as well the more the merrier.
Good luck with the build once you get going, best advice I can give you is don't be afraid to ask ANYTHING , there is a weath of knolage on here and advice is freely given. only one requirement and that is we DO require pictures of every stage
once again a warm welcome from not so sunny scotland

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

Dudefladge

posted on 29/1/16 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the link and the welcome!

I have never even sat in a Locost (or any other kit car), so I have a lot to learn.

garyt - I doubt I'll have any pics to post since I may not even be able to start a build while I'm here.
Living in government quarters and only having the hourly use of the auto craft shop ($6 per hour) will probably prevent any real progress. Not to mention the customs hassle of trying to take a home built or kit car back to the states with me. :-(

If I start to play with melting metal together I'll post those pics, okay? :-)

There are pretty cheap flights to the UK, Scotland, etc. So I would like to plan a trip or two to meet people face to face and maybe get a ride in a Locost.

Looking forward to getting involved here! ;-)

garyt

posted on 29/1/16 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
hi and hope fully this will help with the Haynes forum this was posted today !!!!

New member registration is done by emailing the Haynes group webmaster you need to include which forum you wish to sign up for and your desired screen name, this should take no more than 2-3 days even at weekends.

the required email address webmaster@haynes.co.uk

. Well don't worry about starting the build in Germany although its a bit of a bummer as I bet you must be itching to get going although I thought some of the military cargo planes had a massive payload
How long are you over this side for? as I am sure there would be loads of folk only to willing to show you around.
As regards the pictures it doesn't matter when or where you are building , just don't forget us

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

Dudefladge

posted on 1/2/16 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks again!

I signed up for roadster-builders. I just haven't posted anything yet. ;-)

I'll try to get signed up for the Haynes forum as well.

I've been having trouble accessing the Dutton.de club linked by sprintB+, but I'll keep trying.

I may need to start asking some questions about customs... I have seen some posts about importing Locost type vehicles back to the states. Maybe I could work it out to purchase one (or a project to complete) here and take it back with me... More research to do...

I would like to use the big cargo plane to transport things over here! If that was the case I would have brought one of my cars that is in storage back in the states.

I am stationed here until July 2017 as it stands right now.

Anyone want to trade a '92 BMW E30 320i convertible for a Locost...? :-)

sprintB+

posted on 1/2/16 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Just checked the ink and that works every time. Will contact club and ask for local link.
nick205

posted on 1/2/16 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard and best of luck with your project - show us photos and as above there's plenty of help and advice available here on many subjects - cars are the overriding factor, but other subjects are well covered too.

Dudefladge

posted on 2/2/16 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sprintB+
Just checked the ink and that works every time. Will contact club and ask for local link.

Thanks. I get to the main home page, but when I click the button to enter it doesn't work. Maybe something with my browser. I'll try a different computer.

adithorp

posted on 2/2/16 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dudefladge
There are pretty cheap flights to the UK, Scotland, etc. So I would like to plan a trip or two to meet people face to face and maybe get a ride in a Locost.

If you can make it, the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire (1-2nd May) would be the best chance to see cars, meet owners and get a ride. Lots of cars there and most of us are only too happy to show them off.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Dudefladge

posted on 2/2/16 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you for that! I really want to make it to a big show or two this year. I will try to make plans for that one.

Maybe hit that show for the big one and look for another more low key Locost oriented get together as well (?)

Dudefladge

posted on 3/2/16 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I got a username and password for the Haynes Forum! Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I've emailed Tim Woodcock (Webmaster) back to try and get it sorted out.

I gave adithorp's suggestion for the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire (1-2nd May) to my wife and suggested we plan a trip for my birthday (6 May). Her reply. "Excellent".

I went to print out the guide for the show, but it is still the 2015 one.

The show is on a Sunday and Monday? That makes it a little more difficult.

[Edited on 3/2/16 by Dudefladge]

[Edited on 3/2/16 by Dudefladge]

adithorp

posted on 3/2/16 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, the show is Sun/Mon as the Monday is a holiday here. You can see it all in one day and the Sunday is usually the better day, mainly because a lot of owners stay over/camp on Sunday night but often head home early on Monday... of course how many owners arrive can depend on what the weather is like.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Dudefladge

posted on 3/2/16 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Good to know and puts it back on the calendar! Thank you!
Dudefladge

posted on 4/2/16 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I got registered on the Haynes Forum! Tim responded right away and I'm in.

I'm now registered on 4 Locost Forums!

I hope I can keep them all straight and not repeat myself too much...

I hope I can keep them all straight and not repeat myself too much...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.