Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Estimation - MK Indy
Matt21

posted on 14/3/16 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Estimation - MK Indy

I'm kinda toying with the idea of selling.... and would like an idea of how much to expect if I did decide to sell up

It's an MK Indy, built in 2009 I beleive
96 CBR900 engine
EBC street clutch and uprated springs
Sump baffle plate
Pipercross filter
Alloy radiator
Serviced twice a year
Protec suspension
Geometry and corner weighted
Full MK roll cage
Sierra 3.92 LSD
Sierra brakes
Mintex M1144 brake pads
Front splitter
Rear diffuser
Team dynamics 1.2 (or compomotive CXN2)
Toyo R1R (or R888 on the comps)
Just had the rear end stripped down and wishbones powder coated
Rear uprights reinforced and powder coated
New CV boots
New dominator headlights

Everything works as it should

Cosmetically, there is a small repair to the fibreglass on the nose cone (can be seen slightly in the 1st and 4th pic, just a slight shade lighter on the top corner at the front), stone chip marks on the rear wings and some scratches on the bonnet (theyre still green but visable at some angles)

Here are a few photos

The last pic is the most recent

Thanks

[Edited on 14/3/16 by Matt21]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 14/3/16 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Usually, not as much as you'd hope for, putting the car on an open Ebay auction may well give you an idea?
If in no hurry, some folk list these things for several years, presumably for amusement, @15K, before doing the above. It really does depend if anyone is looking for that particular BEC.

I'm looking at your description of the car. I'm not interested in how many scratches it has (that's for the Ebay fraternity), but a picture of the dashboard would answer questions, as would a close up of the engine bay. I'd also be asking for it's reverse capabilities (none, electric, mechanical, TRT centre bearing?).

Lovely looking car though, my only (personal) doubt would be I'd like to have seen a modern FI powerplant.

CosKev3

posted on 14/3/16 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice

As above,being a carbed engine will drop it's value a bit,as will it being the older MK indy chassis.

If it's all wired up nicely and nice finishing touches I would say 7-8k

nick205

posted on 15/3/16 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Afraid I can't really help on the asking price, but when I sold my Pinto engined Indy it went to the first person who came to see it. Son no. 1 was most upset after he'd paid for it and came to pick it up - "why is that nasty man driving off in your car daddy?" Well, because he's paid for it, I'm happy to have the cash and he's happy to have the car - end of story.

It does look a nice car though and for me the fact it's caged is a plus point for buyers. As above, careful consideration when penning an advert can work wonders. If someones genuinely interested they'll come and look and ask questions.

[Edited on 15/3/16 by nick205]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.