Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Grasshopper
capri-steve

posted on 20/3/16 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Locost Grasshopper

Hi guy's,

I'm new to the site and have a little query, I've been looking at building some sort of, out of the norm pedal car/totrod as my wife and I have a little boy on the way and I fancy making something for when he's older.
Anyway I was brainstorming with my dad earlier and remembered about the Locost Grasshopper kids car, does anyone still supply the plans/parts for it at all?

Regards,

Steve

nick205

posted on 21/3/16 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry don't have plans for it, but IIRC it was made using a swing bin as the body of the car.

Sam_68

posted on 21/3/16 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Sorry don't have plans for it, but IIRC it was made using a swing bin as the body of the car.

I think you're confusing it with the Lightning Swing Bin Racer:

The Locust (not Locost) Grasshopper was a scaled-down version of the Locust plans-built kit car:

The Locust Owners' Club might be able to put you in touch with a copy of the plans.

Toylander might be helpful for sourcing some parts.

sooty71

posted on 2/4/16 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
grasshopper kit car

Hi i have the plans and a fully built car (grasshopper) that i am putting on ebay in the next week i am selling them both together the only reason being is that both are very very rare and if someone wanted the take the fibre glass peices of the car nose cone,front wings and rear wings and have a mould made for them they could start to sell them as a kit again the last grasshopper that found on the internet that was fully built and was forsale for £1500 in 2005 the problem with the plans is that some of the pages you were surposed to cut out to make some of the peices for the car and then they were thown away it looks like the plans i have are all in tacked there was also one one ebay around 3 weeks ago without plans and they wanted silly money for it it was around 3k i have just put fully working front/rear led lights on it aswell as led indicators,horn,ingnistion,4 new tyres and a brand new 12v car battery it was built in 1991 and sat indoors since then unfinished until i bought it around 4 weeks ago
capri-steve

posted on 2/4/16 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
I've ordered the plans and started collecting the parts for the lightning swing bin racer, but I'm changing it slightly so it looks more like a Lotus 7.
I tried a couple of other avenues for tracking down the Locust grasshopper plans, but no joy as yet.

Steve

Benzine

posted on 2/4/16 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
I recently made a gokart for my son, the noise of using a friction drive/cordless drill combo would have driven me stir fry crazy so I used a small mobility scooter donor (£30) and it's almost silent, much better battery life, more speed etc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
capri-steve

posted on 2/4/16 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
I recently made a gokart for my son, the noise of using a friction drive/cordless drill combo would have driven me stir fry crazy so I used a small mobility scooter donor (£30) and it's almost silent, much better battery life, more speed etc

Yeah I've been thinking about changing the lightnings design slightly to mount a mobility scooter motor, we have a mobility scooter spares shop nearby and you'd be surprised what they throw outside for the scrap-man

sooty71

posted on 29/6/16 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
locost grasshopper

NOW ON EBAY ITEM NUMBER 182187507110 ALL PICTURES AND DETAILS ARE ON THERE

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.