Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locostbuilders ain't what they used to be
Mash

posted on 11/7/16 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Name and shame Mate!

I got caught the other way round on the Transit forum.

Bought some rear seat brackets from a bloke, paid him using PayPal friends and family. He claimed he would send them on the Monday, then the Wednesday, then said he had sent them, and they didn't arrive. I asked for courier reference/tracking number/courier name, and he said he didn't have the number but he'd used DPD. My Mate is the local DPD driver, and he hadn't seen hide nor hair of them

He had previously been quite active on the forum, and had bought stuff from others, and passed advice on. Then I found out he'd stitched someone else up for the same brackets a day after he scammed me

PayPal doesn't give any protection for friends and family service so i couldn't get the money back from them, and I didn't have an address for him

I named and shamed him after several warnings, but still heard nothing, but thee moderators have now banned him from selling.

For me it was the principle AND the 30 QUID

trextr7monkey

posted on 11/7/16 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Going back a few years on Turbosport I sent some thing like £60 to a bloke for some harnesses. It took 6 weeks and the offer of my brother in law popping round to collect them for him to Fi n ally send them..
He later turned up as a moderator on there and his user name is on here. Seems like these rip off guys are every where!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.