Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy Crash
A1

posted on 20/11/16 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well if your car is that dodgy in the wet there's something not right, be it alignment, spring rates or tyre pressure.
Obviously it'll be easy to spin the wheels, but I'll presume you're being gentle with the power.

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/11/16 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Is a shame as a 7 looks so much better with a full cage and side bars and stands a good chance of saving your life in the process. IMO they are the bare minimum you should have.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
A1

posted on 20/11/16 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Aye I agree, a full cage is the way to go. The side impact bars are a very good addition too, a crash barrier is just tall enough to fit the rear wheel under, leaving about 48mm between you and a big steel slab to the nugget.
CosKev3

posted on 20/11/16 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
Well if your car is that dodgy in the wet there's something not right, be it alignment, spring rates or tyre pressure.
Obviously it'll be easy to spin the wheels, but I'll presume you're being gentle with the power.

All of the things you list can be right and they are still a handful due to the lack of weight,17 inch wheels with 40 profile tyres won't have helped the indy in this crash

A1

posted on 20/11/16 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
I was actually genuinely trying to help, not be a cunt. In my experience, which you instantly presume to be minimal, they can be set up to handle pretty nicely in poor conditions. Obviously a wee bit of help isn't wanted. That's cool, I'm not forcing anyone to listen.
Main thing is, I hope the bloke in the crash in question is okay =]

CosKev3

posted on 20/11/16 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
I was actually genuinely trying to help, not be a cunt. In my experience, which you instantly presume to be minimal, they can be set up to handle pretty nicely in poor conditions. Obviously a wee bit of help isn't wanted. That's cool, I'm not forcing anyone to listen.
Main thing is, I hope the bloke in the crash in question is okay =]

Who said anything about being a cunt?And who's asking for help?

Let's hear your personal experience of driving a seven type car then please in the wet?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.