Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA brake warning light
pekwah1

posted on 22/6/17 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
IVA brake warning light

Hi guys,

For the brake fluid/handbrake light on the dash - I read somewhere that the symbol has to be ON the warning lamp, not next to it for example.
I have small 6mm lights for my warnings, so couldn't put a symbol on it very easily.

Basically is this the case or will I be ok with it next to the light?

Cheers
Andy

gremlin1234

posted on 22/6/17 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
I think it can be adjacent to the light.
iva manual section 33 Identification of Controls
quote:
Where provided Identification of Controls, Tell-tales and Indicators;
1. Must be clear so not to cause confusion.
2. Must be on or as close to the controls, tell-tales and indicators as possible as not to cause confusion.
3. Must stand out clearly from the background.

EDIT
but then checking further
that is only for the optional tell tales
quote:

Identification of certain controls, tell tales and indicators is mandatory and is covered in other relevant sections. This section only applies to optional identification where provided.

[Edited on 22/6/17 by gremlin1234]

loggyboy

posted on 22/6/17 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Might fall down to interpretation.
But the wording is:

16. It must be possible to check the fluid relative to the manufacturer’s specified minimum level on all brake fluid reservoirs by the actual fluid level being visible through a transparent section of the reservoir, with the minimum level marked permanently on to this section. As an alternative, a red warning lamp (see Figure 1) must be capable of illuminating when the reservoir fluid falls to the minimum level.

And this is figure 1:

So to me points that it must have that symbol.

I would fit a correct one in a temp location that can be removed and replaced with your preferred 6mm lamp after.

Mistral Motorsport

gremlin1234

posted on 22/6/17 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Might fall down to interpretation.
But the wording is:

16. It must be possible to check the fluid relative to the manufacturer’s specified minimum level on all brake fluid reservoirs by the actual fluid level being visible through a transparent section of the reservoir, with the minimum level marked permanently on to this section. As an alternative, a red warning lamp (see Figure 1) must be capable of illuminating when the reservoir fluid falls to the minimum level.

And this is figure 1:

So to me points that it must have that symbol.

I would fit a correct one in a temp location that can be removed and replaced with your preferred 6mm lamp after.

I agree,
or fit a transparent reservoir

loggyboy

posted on 22/6/17 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, and the requirement for the warning light to double as a pressure loss warning is covered by.
The hydraulic system failure warning lamp must be secure, operational, visible during daylight and darkness from the driving position, id entifiable (i.e. labelled in a recognised form see figure 1 for an example) and fitted with a “test facility” that enables its operation to be checked from the driving position without opening the reservoir.
Does state it can simply be labled and only suggest figure 1 rather than requiring it.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.