Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Inlet manifold
pekwah1

posted on 8/1/18 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Inlet manifold

Hi guys,

Just after some advice, I have a stock 2.0 blacktop zetec running on standard ecu.
It’s using the stock inlet manifold and throttle body, but I also have a log type inlet manifold sat in the garage that I haven’t got round to fitting yet.
Now this will give me some clearance benefits under the bonnet, but just wondering if it gives any real benefit over the standard manifold?
I also have a slightly larger throttle body that I could fit, but don’t know whether I can just fit this or whether I’d need to consider larger injectors at the same time?

Any advice appreciated, I’m clearly not to clever with this stuff

Cheers
Andy

big_wasa

posted on 9/1/18 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
The log manifold is often used for packaging reasons rather than optimum air flow. Putting a bigger throttle body on it is likely to just make it harder to drive at part throttle, smaller movements of the pedal allow more air in. The throttle will be more on/of. You may get a bit more induction noise but the Tb is not the limiting factor so it won't make more power.

A better designed plenum will give a little more gain but only if the exhaust has been freed up. But your still limited by the Maf and oem mapping.

Even with a stand alone ecu you won't need bigger injectors with out making the engine flow more with cams and head work or a turbo.

pekwah1

posted on 9/1/18 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one thanks, kind of as I expected.
The manifold will help me for packaging as you mentioned so will probably do that in time and ignore the TB

big_wasa

posted on 9/1/18 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Being nosey, What sort of log manifold have you got ?
pekwah1

posted on 9/1/18 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Honestly I can’t remember, I bought it from someone on here but haven’t fitted yet
I’ll have a check next time I’m in the garage

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.