Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Help needed
24vseven

posted on 28/4/18 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Help needed

Good evening all. Unfortunate circumstances have brought me here asking for help.

Just before Christmas my father in law passed away (this is his account) he was part way through building what I belive to be a haynes roadster. It has fallen to me to deal with his belongings and I have no interest in this project and also no idea of its value. This is where I am asking for the help of you all. Could you please give me some idea of values.
I would rather not be in a situation of selling each part individually. From what I can see there is the following.

A welded chassis possibly missing a few brackets
What look like a full set of front and rear suspension arms
Front hub set up
A steering rack a pedal box looks new with cylinders
Westfield fuel tank
Rear hubs
Exhaust silencer
A full set of lights
Some used brake discs and calipers
A cpl of boxes of general car parts hoses ect
Full set (sides back panel wheelarches bonnet ect) of fiberglass bodywork in orange and black
4x alloy wheels in good nick
5 toyo tyres.

Engine
2.0 duratec which he fully rebuilt and fitted piper? Cams throttle bodies and an ecu along with a gearbox and new clutch exeedy rings a bell here I belive it’s a Mazda set up.

He was n engineer for a living so things were done right.

I just need some help to value things so as not to be tucked up.

Apologies if this is the wrong place and thanks in advance

ReMan

posted on 28/4/18 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
I never had any personal contact beyond the forum, though I expect others did, but please accept my sympathises and I am sure those of LCB on your families loss.

I could only advise adding a few pictures and perhaps this may generate more interest/value as in isolation there would not appear much worth, though some forum searching could turn up some previous purchases or work gone into the project.
In the circumstance its difficult not to be insulting, but taking a wild arse guess, for it to all go at once, based on your description £1000 maybe a start point?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

steve m

posted on 28/4/18 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
As Reman said above, cant add any more than he said,

But I would take as many pics of what is there, and stick it on ebay, and sure it will be sold
unfortunately, the parts themselves could of cost a lot more to collect, than they are actually worth in a one lot sale,
£1000 for the lot seems a good price, but it could go for a lot less , but at the end of the day, what ever you get, is a bonus,

also to add, im sorry for your loss, and difficult times

regards

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.