Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage renting?
number-1

posted on 3/2/19 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Garage renting?

Where do people look to rent garages with power? All of the local authority ones are single pre fab with no power. Is there a forum or particular place to look?
Dick Axtell

posted on 3/2/19 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Invest in a good, Honda-powered generator. Remember to keep nearby neighbours sweet.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

steve m

posted on 3/2/19 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Pekwah1 managed to build two Strikers in his non powered garage, that was in a block of about 30 garages, and quite a distance from his house, so he didn't use a long extension cable

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

jossey

posted on 3/2/19 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
I found a few caravan stores have covered storage with power for trailers etc

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 3/2/19 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
It’s possible to use rechargeable or even a large car battery powered lighting , a generator is a possibility but if you intend welding you will need a suitable genny. The mig welding forum has loads of info on suitable systems.
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/2/19 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
do you have enough land to build a garage? in the long run it would probably be cheaper than renting one for what may be a very long time. Even a wooden structure would be fine or buy one second hand i.e. a big shed
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TVR

posted on 30/4/19 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I built my GBS in a housing authority garage, had some LED lights running off a 12v battery, also a pair of leisure battery's on a 24 to 240v inverter, enough to run a pillar drill, grinders etc.

It wasn't too bad really and was the only option if I wanted go ahead with the build.

number-1

posted on 30/4/19 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Paul, what sort of LED lights do you use and roughly how long do you think the battery would last before charging again?

Cheers

N1

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.