Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sportscars, possibly the worse service i have ever experienced.
dangerousbrian

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
MK Sportscars, possibly the worse service i have ever experienced.

OK, So here's the story.

on the 13th of March i ordered a rear diffuser for my car and on the 18th or March i ordered an engine mount also...

on the 21st of March i received an email from Danny saying "How you got a contact number some of your parts are ready"

on the 5th of April i had a call from Danny and payment of £325 was taken.

i called on the 29th of April and was told that the he was waiting for the diffuser and that the engine mount was done, so i asked him to send me the engine mount as my car had been in pieces for the last 2 months with me not being able to do any work on it which Danny said he would do... low and behold 9 days later i called again after nothing had arrived, Danny told me that they had to weld up a whole chassis so that they could make the engine mount (Now i don't know what company would sell an engine mount for £150 when every time they need to make one they have to weld up a whole chassis, it just doesn't add up) At this point he said that everything was done and he also had the diffused and that he would send it out.

And now....... 10 days later..... NOTHING!

so basically for almost the last 2.5 months i've had my car in pieces when it could of been finished by now and ready for some track days.

I'm glad i havent bought a whole chassis of them put it this way! it would probably take 9 months for them to deliver, so if anyone is in 2 minds about going for an MK or another make kit car, i would stay away from MK for this reason alone. All i have been told is lies, and that is my main reason for typing this message. Fine, if somebody is busy, and they say they are busy and tell me it will take 6 or 8 weeks for delivery i have no problem with that at all, but to tell me 3 times that my stuff is ready and that it will be sent out is what really p*sses me off.

Cheers,

Bri

daniel mason

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
seems to be many many many posts identical to this in the last 12 months or so!

dangerousbrian

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
I did read the odd older post but thought that was a thing of the past and gave them the benefit of the doubt.
deezee

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Its a sad state of customer service, that they have sat on your cash for 6 weeks and you have nothing! Even if you recovered you're money, its still all the lost time. I feel for you, I really do. Nothing worse than waiting for a part to finish a job.

This happens a lot at work as well. People making promises to get business, then can't deliver. I have the luxury though of ringing up and cancelling, as its all on account, so no money lost. We nearly always pay more at work, to deal with reliable honest people, than pay cheap and screw over a huge contract with my customers.

[Edited on 18/5/13 by deezee]

withersdelivers

posted on 18/5/13 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm , worrying .... Mnr is sounding better by the day! Hope you get it sorted soon fella.
doobrychat

posted on 18/5/13 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I had great service from MK over the past 6 months...

Thanks Danny if you ready this..

P ?

posted on 18/5/13 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Also had great service recently with a wheel swap and a little work on the cycle wings cheers Danny
Ben_Copeland

posted on 18/5/13 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Where do you live?

Is it possible to go and collect?

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

danny keenan

posted on 18/5/13 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

The engine cradle went out on Wednesday afternoon.
The diffuser came in from our supplier at stoneleigh show but I have returned them because of the poor condition.

If I was to send you the diffuser you would just moan about it.

I'm sorry about the time scale but we had to make a complete chassis just to make your engine cradle for the old Indy as this is something we don't make often.

Thanks

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 18/5/13 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
So.....

If the quoted info is correct wouldn't it have been an idea to make contact with the customer and tell him what is happening !!! or is it just me that thinks that would have been too much like common sense and a lot less ball ache for your company having yet another disgruntled customer resorting too airing his/her issue on a public forum ?

quote:
Originally posted by danny keenan
Hi

The engine cradle went out on Wednesday afternoon.
The diffuser came in from our supplier at stoneleigh show but I have returned them because of the poor condition.

If I was to send you the diffuser you would just moan about it.

I'm sorry about the time scale but we had to make a complete chassis just to make your engine cradle for the old Indy as this is something we don't make often.

Thanks

[Edited on 18/5/2013 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

doobrychat

posted on 18/5/13 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
the trouble is:-

trying to please everyone all the time is Impossible and you'll die trying..

zetec

posted on 18/5/13 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
The trick with customer service is to keep them updated, even with bad news if this is the case, I'm sure the profit MK make on these parts is small but the cost in bad press is high.

I've never had any issues with MK, I too would be sad if things are not working after staying in the car building game for so long when many have folded.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

Alfa145

posted on 18/5/13 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't order a T-Shirt from this site.....you'd still be waiting over 6 months on for a reply....
maccmike

posted on 18/5/13 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Updates via email/text/phone is not trying to please everyone, its basic service.
Theres a statistic or similar - if you get a good service, you tell 4 friends. If you get a bad one, you tell everyone.
Customer service!

quote:
Originally posted by doobrychat
the trouble is:-

trying to please everyone all the time is Impossible and you'll die trying..

withersdelivers

posted on 18/5/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
It's really hard What to think ....members of my local club can't praise mk enough ???
Irony

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
A customer who phones up to order stuff is the easiest sale in the world. They are coming to you. If you cheese those customers off then you have no chance with the customers who are undecided about your product. Customer service is paramount and actually quite easy. Just treat them how you would like to be treated.

To the original poster. Threads like this can ruin businesses and put people out of work, think carefully before posting such things.

maccmike

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Rubbish. He's sharing his own experience not somebody elses.

To the original poster. Threads like this can ruin businesses and put people out of work, think carefully before posting such things.

Irony

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maccmike

No sir, your comment is wrong. Negative threads and comments on social media damage and ruin companies all the time. Doesn't matter who the original story belongs to.

loggyboy

posted on 18/5/13 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irony

If this was a one off then id agree, but its not. In an industry as small and as communicative as this companies need to do all they can to keep most customers happy, and all customers satisfied, it seems MK arent quite doing this, they have alot of happy customers, but far too many unsatisfied ones. IMO of course.

also, its NOT the complaints that kill the companies, its the REASONS for the complaints that do.

[Edited on 19-5-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Simon

posted on 19/5/13 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
A lot to be said to be able to cut a bit of steel and weld it together yourself. Would save all this grief. Same applies for being able to lay up a bit of fibreglass etc.

ATB

Simon

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 19/5/13 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
quote:
Originally posted by maccmike

No sir, your comment is wrong. Negative threads and comments on social media damage and ruin companies all the time. Doesn't matter who the original story belongs to.

No you are wrong, the original poster is absolutely entitled to write about his own experiences. Basically you are saying that we aren't allowed to say anything bad about anybody in case other people make decisions based on it.... I'm sorry bit that's been going on for thousands of years it's just that it used to be called 'word of mouth'

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 19/5/13 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
This is a public forum for public opinions, nobody should be lambasted for sharing their opinions /experiences.

With the few bits I've had from Mk I haven't had any issues, but there are too many cases of people complaining for this to be a one - off. I think the major issue is communication, if somethings gonna be late tell them. I've had stuff delayed even from andy bates but he kept me informed and explained why so there was no problem. Today with mobiles, email, Facebook, forums, u2u etc there is really no excuse to not communicate any issues to a customer.

40inches

posted on 19/5/13 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
This is a public forum for public opinions, nobody should be lambasted for sharing their opinions /experiences.

With the few bits I've had from Mk I haven't had any issues, but there are too many cases of people complaining for this to be a one - off. I think the major issue is communication, if somethings gonna be late tell them. I've had stuff delayed even from andy bates but he kept me informed and explained why so there was no problem. Today with mobiles, email, Facebook, forums, u2u etc there is really no excuse to not communicate any issues to a customer.

This mirror's my experience and opinion.
Although, I am a bit gob smacked that a whole chassis has to be built to make an engine cradle.

dangerousbrian

posted on 20/5/13 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
A customer who phones up to order stuff is the easiest sale in the world. They are coming to you. If you cheese those customers off then you have no chance with the customers who are undecided about your product. Customer service is paramount and actually quite easy. Just treat them how you would like to be treated.

Irony,

I do understand what you are saying, and that is why I have waited 7 weeks and not said a single thing online.

I also accept that things can take time to be made, have quality issues from their own supplier etc, but what I don't accept is being lied to, I'd been told on 3 separate occasions that my stuff was or had been sent, even Danny's reply above saying "It was sent on Wednesday" He'd told me the Wednesday before that he was sending it, so it took him a week to do what he told me he was already in the process of doing.

What I've said with all of this is that, if someone tells me the truth, weather they have forgot to send it, forgot about my order, there is a delay in delivery.... fine! It may not be ideal but I accept that it's something that's happened that I cannot change but to be told lies and be waiting around for parts for almost 4 weeks now is just taking the p*ss. This is the whole reason why I started this thread.

It also works both ways..... if someone received good service, they post on here to say that they have received good service, if no one ever reported bad service everyone would look like saints.

Irony

posted on 20/5/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
In my business we have to be very careful with social networking and online situations that could give us negative responses to future customers and clients. We have a 'social networking' policy for all staff and a 'bad publicity' action plan just incase.

In any case the easiest way is to provide good customer service in the first place. Managing your customers expectations is easy and very important.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.