Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: temporary portable garage
rodgling

posted on 9/10/14 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
temporary portable garage

Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing?

Portable Garage 2,4 x 3,6 Temporary Carport Tent Car Storage Shelter grey | eBay
ortable Garage 2,4 x 3,6 Temporary Carport Tent Car Storage Shelter grey
NTENT24

I've just moved and need to house my 7 until I get a garage built, which may take a little while. Would one of these tenty things survive a winter? It would be in a very shelted location (between the house and a tall fence with a gate on one end).

AndyW

posted on 9/10/14 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
I looked at one of those prior to building my garage, but found the e-bay ones were "water resistant" not waterproof. They also let water in from underneath.

I know someone who used a dancover LINK HERE which are 100% waterproof and they also added a large tarp on the floor and up the sides a bit to stop water coming in from under neath. They were happy with it as a temporary solution, temporary being 2 years...

mcerd1

posted on 9/10/14 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
a mate of mine got one for the same reason - his ended up surviving for about 3 - 4 years in the end in a very sheltered spot

his looked a just little bit stronger with better fabric than those ones though...

we've also used these before - they are a fair bit stronger if you anchor them down well:
15&apos' x 12&apos' Ex British Army Frame Tent

they come in other sizes, but 15'x12' is about right for most cars
(ebay link is just an example btw - lots of places sell these as MOD surplus so look for bargans)

and I'd bet the army tent will hold more value if you want to sell it later...

[Edited on 9/10/2014 by mcerd1]

-

rodgling

posted on 9/10/14 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I found the threads on here recommending Dancover, so think I will get one of those. Good idea about a tarp floor, will do that - thanks.
thefreak

posted on 9/10/14 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at Galatents. If you've got the space they're excellent for keeping the car under. We use a 10x4m at the race events to store and work on 4 cars in the paddock.
steve m

posted on 9/10/14 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
if you have a spare vacant wall, why not by a second hand caravan awning on ebay, plus you can by the channel it fits to, and screw it to the wall ?

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

austin man

posted on 9/10/14 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Machine mart do a clarke one it looks well up to the job

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.