http://youtu.be/5qanlirrRWs

Build Photos Here

scootz

posted on 17/11/14 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
The car's the star!

It's Evolution Baby!

ste

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Would be good to see a decent driver in action like Gronholm, Vatinen or Loeb.

Block is shit.

carpmart

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste

Block is shit.

Come on, be fair, he's a pretty talented peddler.

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

nick205

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste

Block is shit.

Block is shit?

I'd happily be half as poo as Block and very happy with it.

Don't begrudge the guy the niche he's carved for himself either.

Dusty

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to watch half of it before I got bored.The Westfield guys at the shows do the same tricks with rear wheel drive a sixth of the power but a bit slower.
ste

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Did you not watch him enter a wrc a few years ago, all high fiving and whooping before the start, then once he actually had to drive fast he was shit. He's now trying rallycross, but will probably go back to driving round industrial estates doing donuts.

I stand by my first statement that proper rally drivers would make it more appealing.

bi22le

posted on 17/11/14 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste
Did you not watch him enter a wrc a few years ago, all high fiving and whooping before the start, then once he actually had to drive fast he was shit. He's now trying rallycross, but will probably go back to driving round industrial estates doing donuts.

I stand by my first statement that proper rally drivers would make it more appealing.

was thinking the same thing. I watched 2013 WRC season highlights the other day. He finished 20th with only 1 point scoring finish. He looked over weight and out of depth. He only got TV coverage because he is a celebrity.

He can drift, sure. He cant drive fast.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 18/11/14 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Got to love the internet, I bet he would make everyone on this forum look like a complete donkey.

How can anyone claim that a point scoring WRC driver is "shlt", he's still miles better than you.

And no I dont particularly like him or think the gymkhana videos are that great but claiming he is "shlt" at driving is just hilarious.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Neb

posted on 18/11/14 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
He obviously has lots of practice goes at doing the "stunts" as we can see by the tyre marks but it still would take great skill to do it.
Still better than you or I but agreed that he's not at the top of rallying. He's admitted that himself in the past. The top boys are a different level again.
Not taking anything away from him - bringing motor sport to the masses albeit trying to sell clothing at the same time, can't blame him for it.

Love the car, that must be serious piece of kit to rev that hard for that long and not turn itself into a pile of scrap. I'd love to see a spec.

beaver34

posted on 18/11/14 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste

finished in the top 10 more than once its fair to say he isnt shit

whitestu

posted on 18/11/14 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I switched off as soon as the car disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I've no doubt Block is a good driver but pointless tyre smoking really annoys me.

I'd much rather watch Jean Ragnotti in a Renault 5.

r1_pete

posted on 18/11/14 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu

I'd much rather watch Jean Ragnotti in a Renault 5.

Or Gary Rothwell

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 18/11/14 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
Got to love the internet, I bet he would make everyone on this forum look like a complete donkey.

How can anyone claim that a point scoring WRC driver is "shlt", he's still miles better than you.

And no I dont particularly like him or think the gymkhana videos are that great but claiming he is "shlt" at driving is just hilarious.

I also agree with this,I dont think he is shit. Dougie Lampkin has skill but I wouldnt expect him to do well in the TT!

Give me as much bum in seat time as he has had and the same car and I would give it a shot, alot of it is not that hard. Dont under estimate the internet dreamer. Some are just un harnessed talent. . . . And some are sh!t!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.