Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Dead...
Dan.

posted on 5/12/14 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Dead...

Chances are high, poor sod

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/onSaleResults.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e3s4&lotId=33483854&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

bi22le

posted on 6/12/14 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
Ooof!!

Ditch and lamp post written all over that. Quite a bit of cabin infringement.

Probably crashed as its diff fell off, well it seems to be missing now anyway?!?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

CosKev3

posted on 6/12/14 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch.

Hopefully had a helmet on, might have escaped with bad upper leg, pelvis injuries.

kj

posted on 6/12/14 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
Let's hope they were OK,would they sell it if someone had died in it?

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

AndyW

posted on 6/12/14 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.
steve m

posted on 6/12/14 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Ive seen a lot worse ones on copart than this one,

there was one on there a few years ago when I bought my mondeo that had obviously gone under a lorry or similar as the nose bonnet were heavly damaged and the windscreen and roll bar were missing

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/12/14 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
kj - I have purchased donor motorcycles (or the remains of) on which riders have died.

Money and greed are everything to people these days, worshipped by all.

scootz

posted on 6/12/14 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Everything has a value. I'd imagine a car with salvageable parts would be offered on the market irrespective of the outcome for the occupants. I'd like to think that soiled interior parts were removed and destroyed before the vehicle was offered for breaking though.

I once bought a Chevy V8 engine and Porsche G50 box from a well-known kit designer. Turns out ihe engine was bent (quite a feat for an iron Chevy block) and only worth scrap value. Lost over a grand. Some investigation showed it had come from a kit car that was written off in a fatal collision.

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 6/12/14 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
PS - I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the outcome for the occupant(s) of that Caterham. I've seen folk survive much worse than that... and succumb to apparently minor injuries in vehicles where there was surprisingly little damage.

It's Evolution Baby!

kj

posted on 6/12/14 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
My first bike engine was a similar story, rear wheel and engine only surviving parts

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

RAM25

posted on 6/12/14 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully it was not fatal

Few years back a guy who used to work for my father rolled a tiger super 6 whilst overtaking a caravan on a real windy day im not sure how they came together but they did . Car rolled over after they touched and ended up infront of the towing vehicle that pushed him into the hedge upside down before it stopped looked alot worse than the one in this post ..

They took him to hospital where he discharged himself on the way home we stopped at the scene of the accident where the car was being loaded the police asked him what he thought he was doing to which he replied just getting my wallet and house keys out my car .. They were pretty shocked that he had walked away from it with just cuts and bruising so there are lucky ones ....

Saying that if it was left hand drive he would haven't been so lucky as the exhaust was well bent into the passengers side even touching the raised centre bit were the gear stick is

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/12/14 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Ooof!!

Ditch and lamp post written all over that. Quite a bit of cabin infringement.

Probably crashed as its diff fell off, well it seems to be missing now anyway?!?

Look more like boot carpet to me?

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.