Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Electric hoists
Simon

posted on 13/3/15 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Electric hoists

I've been toying with the idea of an electric hoist in the garage for some time and have been looking at the Screfix/Machine Mart type of thing - which seem to be identical apart form branding (and have noticed you can get same thing on fleabay for about 1/2 the price).

So, first question: Have any of you got one from and is it ok and secondly; I'll attach mine to a steel rhs section beam approx 100mm x 40mm x 5mm wall and it'll be used for lifting my MG TF engine/box subframe assembly (so circa 200kgs at most) what would you suggest for the uprights? Whole lot possibly bolted to house/garage wallsl.

Cheers

ATB

Simon

SALAD

posted on 13/3/15 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
I got an electric hoist from Aldi years ago and bolted it to a steel that I had put between the two piers in the garage. Managed my XE and type 9 no problem.
I had two Acrow props as a back up, but you could use four props (two welded each side) to make an a-frame.......maybe.

hizzi

posted on 13/3/15 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
i have been thinking about this myself, i have a concrete prefab garage, my plan was A frames at either side made of scaffold tube, still unsure about the cross beam, i only want it to lift the engine. i reckon a scaff tube would bend but maybe get away with one of those double ladder frame type bits of scaffold or a smallish I. beam
40inches

posted on 13/3/15 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I have one. Cost about £50 from B&Q, just lifted the Jag V6 and Getrag gearbox no problem. You have to inch it down with quick dabs of the button as you near the fitting point.
Description
Description

Jon Ison

posted on 13/3/15 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Got a Aldi one on a H Style gantry that covers 1/2 the garage, double rope lifts the front or rear of car easily.
Nickp

posted on 13/3/15 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hizzi
i have been thinking about this myself, i have a concrete prefab garage, my plan was A frames at either side made of scaffold tube, still unsure about the cross beam, i only want it to lift the engine. i reckon a scaff tube would bend but maybe get away with one of those double ladder frame type bits of scaffold or a smallish I. beam

I just used 2 scaffold poles together and sit them on top of the concrete sections. Just lifted a BMW 6 pot and box no probs with an Aldi winch

corrado vr6

posted on 14/3/15 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I managed to win mine on Ebay for £25, I use it for lifting my jago geep body on and off, it does this with ease, I made my own ply laminated beam with offcuts from work

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.