Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rain???!!!
AdeB

posted on 17/9/15 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Rain???!!!

Good Afternoon all,

This might be a really stupid question, but why break break the habit of a lifetime!.
Are the cockpit/instrument areas of Locost/MK Indy and the like waterproof if caught out in the typically British weather, or should I look at specific instrumentation etc?
I don't plan on being labelled as a fair weather driver, but I obviously wish to future proof my investment.

Thanks for the help,

Ade

40inches

posted on 17/9/15 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
The day after registering my RH I went from Chesterfield to Whitby, it poured down with rain all the way there, and a week later, all the way back
No problems with the Sierra column stalks, or the dash switches and Smiths instruments, but the speedo had a bit of mist inside for about a month.
What I did learn was, to drill holes in the seat base, and cockpit floor, carry a towel and wear a crash helmet and bike waterproofs

rusty nuts

posted on 17/9/15 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Common problem after getting wet is the Sierra hazard light switch plays up, a squirt of WD40 helps
DJT

posted on 17/9/15 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got an Acwell dash and Sierra column with standard shroud. Had plenty of massive drenchings, eg 400 miles of rain on one day of this years Euro trip and had no electrical issues.

http://tigeravonbuilddiary.blogspot.com/

Matt21

posted on 24/9/15 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
No issues with mine in numerous downpours, sierra column and cbr900 clocks

I bought a 1 piece waterproof suit from JJC race and rally (Uber, £15!!!) and its brilliant

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.