Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carbs adjusting screw
Slater

posted on 4/10/15 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs adjusting screw

I will be putting my kit through its first MOT this week, the emissions limits will be %CO 3.5, HC 0.12 as stated on the V5 document. (Pre '95 1.8 zetec).

I have a set of Kawasaki ZZR carbs supplied by Bogg Bros and passed SVA in 2009. The car has been laid up and SORNed from 2010 till now.

My question is: if the emisions are over the limit, do I adjust all 4 screws circled in the pics below? screw them in or out? If not how else can I adjust it. I guess it depends if the CO or HC is over, so if anyone can give me some pointers on what to adjust I can maybe try it at the time of the test, if they allow me to.

Photo is showing underside of the carbs before I fitted them to the car.

[img] ZZR Bike Carbs Sept 15
ZZR Bike Carbs Sept 15
[/img]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

coozer

posted on 4/10/15 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
They are the idle screw for the first 1/4 of throttle, screwing out adds more air, in more fuel.

Even though its been laid up they should give the same results. May just need a good clean??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

40inches

posted on 4/10/15 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
If it's a "Q" reg, it's smoke only test.
Slater

posted on 4/10/15 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Coozer.

Is the emisions test done at idle? It runs just fine now, I just want to understand how to adjust things if its over the limit. Hopefully it will pass as it is.

The car has an age related plate.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

CosKev3

posted on 4/10/15 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
They are the idle screw for the first 1/4 of throttle, screwing out adds more air, in more fuel.

I thought carbs was the opposite to that,out for more fuel/in for less,and airflow meters are out for more air/in for less?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.