Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie saying hi from Swansea!!
ChrissyDai

posted on 10/11/15 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Newbie saying hi from Swansea!!

Hi guys, just thought I'd start my first post off by saying hi! I was into the VW camper scene a few years back, so I'm used to being skint!! But after a few years of normal cars and no enjoyment, I'm looking to bite the bullet and get a kit car!... In fact there was a locost on eBay that I missed out on on Sunday 😔! I am a complete novice when it comes to these cars, so any advice is greatly appreciated! Although, I kind of know in my head that I want a turbo! And ideally a T5...I had a C70 t5 for a few years and I was gutted to see it leave! If it was RWD I'd probably still have it lol! I've searched on here and seen 1 build which looks fantastic! So I've decided to buy another T5 car as the donor and I've seen another locost on eBay using a TR7 as a donor car but I have no idea if this is more hassle than the worth of it! Any tips or advice any of you have I would greatly appreciate it! Cheers guys,

Chris

[Edited on 10/11/15 by ChrissyDai]

theconrodkid

posted on 10/11/15 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hello

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

locost7-online.com

posted on 10/11/15 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to locostbuilders, you will get lots of advice on here, there is a lot of different things to choose from, I'm building a tiger Avon from scratch so probable can't help you much, I wish you luck with whatever you do.
John

Locost Xflow 150bhp injected! Sold :-(

Facebook blog https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Tiger-Avon-Build-814223212056368/
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEMBER IS NOT A TRADER.

James

posted on 11/11/15 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi!

The best tip I can give is the more standard the car is, the more likely you are to finish and the quicker it will be finished!

Basically, if you're buildign a book chassis stick to the plans and then the more Ford parts the better and then 'just' bolt your Volvo engine to them!

Anything else and you're just cutting down on the number of people who can help you and the spares and parts you can easily get.

I finished mine in 2006 after 4 years of work- it was an amazing experience!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

phil m

posted on 11/11/15 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris

Nice to hear from someone local. I'm just down the road in Hendy.

This sites has been invaluable for my locost and Mac builds

Phil

ChrissyDai

posted on 11/11/15 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info already guys, it's much appreciated! Phil, I'm originally from Gorseinon, moved to Hendy for a few years and now living in Swansea! Once I get my car, we will have to catch up for a cuppa before I start the rebuild
lsdweb

posted on 11/11/15 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris

Welcome

I'm a couple of miles away (near Five Roads, Llanelli). I'm not technically gifted but know a lot of people in the area who are!

Regards

Wyn

ReMan

posted on 11/11/15 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard
(You dont work at the DVLA do you?)

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

unijacko67

posted on 11/11/15 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome, great source for help and advice in my case. lol

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrissyDai

posted on 11/11/15 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Haha!! No unfortunately I don't work for the D.V.L.A but I do have a few friends that work there!
TimC

posted on 12/11/15 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
Shwmae.

ChrissyDai

posted on 12/11/15 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Guys, can anybody tell me how I can upload pictures onto this thread please? I have a potential car to buy but the seller (or I) don't know the actual make of it!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.