Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Just drove my car for the first time in 5 years :)
gregs

posted on 27/1/16 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Just drove my car for the first time in 5 years :)

Ok it's dark and it was only up and down the drive but its running and it'll be on the road this summer!!

It sat in the garage whilst kids and house builds got in the way.... inspiration post xmas got me to change the stem seals (when it was last using the seals were lifting and sending oil down the guides onto the plugs) and sorted out a couple of other bits. Is now running nicely, starting easily (which it never used to!!) so looking forward to MOT in march.

Only thing that seems to not have survived the storage is the wideband sensor which is throwing fault codes

Greg S

coozer

posted on 27/1/16 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Well done! About 2 years since I touched mine but hopefully something will happen this year!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

myke pocock

posted on 27/1/16 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Must get my Midge out from its extended hibernation of around 7 years and sort it, then sell! Mind you, that will create a space. Mmm, Trabant size maybe? She'd kill me.
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 28/1/16 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
its probably been 5 years for me with work and Children - determined to get cracking again this year having read this. Big challenge is to weld in the roll bar and get the fuel tank mounted. Do that and I could join you in driving the drive.....

Thanks for the inspiration

gregs

posted on 28/1/16 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Must get my Midge out from its extended hibernation of around 7 years and sort it, then sell! Mind you, that will create a space. Mmm, Trabant size maybe? She'd kill me.

Sell it -that's exactly what I was thinking.... until i started playing with it again!!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.