Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Westfield Announced....
stevebubs

posted on 29/1/16 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
New Westfield Announced....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35432687
russbost

posted on 29/1/16 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
Great! a driverless shuttle that needs a "steward" on board in case the emergency button needs to be pressed - so that would be a bit like having a driver on board then! One assumes that this would be just for the trial period? but then again this is the nanny state & we can employ a steward for less money than a driver so ....................

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 29/1/16 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Driving (travelling) costs money however it's done.

sdh2903

posted on 29/1/16 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'm all for progress but really don't see the point.

Why not concentrate on a decent reliable public transport system in line with other European countries rather than silly driverless (but has to have a 'steward' shhh) plastic pods.

Good on westfield though must be worth a few quid and a good bit of exposure for them.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 29/1/16 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Pointless, but a public sector box has been ticked somewhere, with tax dollars going to Westfield and countless consultants. If there aren't enough dollars, more would be printed. The idea of a MegaPod...

I would infer an ideal application for a driverless vehicle, gyrating around public spaces in cities, but it would be very politically incorrect to do so and downright silly in the current climate, so I won't.

Fatgadget

posted on 29/1/16 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Way to go! Driving in congested cities nowadays is no longer fun.So yeah why not?
David Jenkins

posted on 29/1/16 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help thinking of the Johnny Cab...

watsonpj

posted on 29/1/16 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Driverless transport great - just like the guided bus in Cambridge which also has a errr driver. He just doesn't use the wheel for for some of the route presumable because they wear out !!!!
chillis

posted on 29/1/16 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I know westfield said they were working on a new GTM but that's a bit of a disappointment

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

perksy

posted on 29/1/16 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chillis
I know westfield said they were working on a new GTM but that's a bit of a disappointment

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.