Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Just about to buy!! Need advice - Pictures inside
Mash

posted on 8/4/16 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Just text him saying I was dropping out. He came back annoyed, said I messed him about, but judging by what the guys have said to you, it's not even a real locost anyway.

Hoping I'll get away with it

INDY BIRD

posted on 8/4/16 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
I would probably not put too much more on here about it in case it gets picked up by him or others until you have it settled, just cover your self first. thats only my opinion of course,
mark chandler

posted on 8/4/16 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Lots of receipts does not make a nice car!

He can always pass a second chance offer, it may be 'low cost' but it is not a locost

cliftyhanger

posted on 8/4/16 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Not a lot he can do, apart from report you to ebay. But I doubt that will be a real issue if it is your first wrist-slap?
Irony

posted on 8/4/16 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bit of a sticky area pulling out of a eBay auction, morally and legally. I once accidently won a car only to realise I couldn't get insurance. I put on a very low, early bid. I apologised for the mistake and offered to pay his listing fees and pay him £50 for his trouble. He went mad, ranting over the email and threatened me with court action. After doing research and taking advice it turns out you can be taken to court because winning a auction is a binding contract. And normally the seller wins. After receiving several very threatening emails from the owner of the car I relented and told him I'd buy the car and come round and pick it up. However I told him that if there was anything wrong with the vehicle that wasn't as described in the auction, exactly as described I would refuse to buy and take him to court for my travel expenses. He refused contact after that.

Not the best situation.

Mash

posted on 13/4/16 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Suggested that he cancel the sale as the item did not appear to be as described after detailed photographs were scrutinised for me by independent experts. He did so immediately, which would seem to be an admission.

Thanks very much for all your support and advice folks, it was much appreciated at a very worrying time.

BenB

posted on 13/4/16 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
At last! I've found some welding worse than my own. Some of those definitely look of the "grind down the grot to make it look alright" type.... I wouldn't have much faith.
02GF74

posted on 13/4/16 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mash

Hoping I'll get away with it

Ofcourse you will.

The number of times buyers have pulled out of completing purchases and ive done it a few times, thered be mile long queueueues outside courts to deal with the cases.

Worst case you get an unpaid strike that eventually disappears.

[Edited on 13/4/16 by 02GF74]

alfas

posted on 16/4/16 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
who cares about legal things at ebay...the ebay world is a complete world of bastards and illegal deals....shill bidding with 2 accounts...friends accounts are used for pushing the auctions...auctions are ended earlier if the price isnt what expected...completed deals ar cancelled afterwards (with accordance of seller and buyer) so the buyer gets a refound of the sales fees etc....

so dont worry ...nothing will happen if you cancel the deal from your side and do not show-up.

sellers cannot leave neg. feedback..so another good thing for you.

honestly: this car can be used for parts only. would never invest a penny to get this roadworthy. waste of time and money as the base is already questionable.

[Edited on 16/4/16 by alfas]

Mash

posted on 19/5/16 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to get a half decent MK Indy a bt outside my budget, and needs some tidying, but worth it.

Just got to insure and tax it

Thanks for all your help

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.