Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My new car
swanny

posted on 30/4/16 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
My new car

I first saw this car on a trip to le mans 15 r so years ago. first drove it probably ten years ago and finally got my hands on it properly today.

it was built by a mate who now races jags and f3000 and currently has a 3.9 rover v8 on injection. a few little cosmetic bits to tidy up and the thing needsa bit of tlc (its very lumpy until warm) i also need to sort the seats as my head currently sticks up above the roll cage.

but it put a big smile on my face today and now shes safely tucked up in my garage.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Ivan

posted on 30/4/16 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoy - nice classic look to the car.
alfas

posted on 1/5/16 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
that looks nice...i like the inclined windscreen....similar the ones on sylva strikers
swanny

posted on 3/5/16 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
its worth saying that the pic above was taken when it was first registered. when we got it back home we realized just how filthy/tired cosmetically it is.

washed, t-cut and even brasso'd the bodywork and it looks yellow again! attacking the ally later today. next winter i think it might be changing colour (just got to work out what will go well with the ally) but for now just trying to get it a bit more presentable.

didn't make stonleigh as it has a sticking caliper and its not quite running right yet. it was ticking over too fast when warm, so turned it down and its now lumpy when cold. builder suggested something to do with it being a ranger rover engine and how it originally dealt with the extra drain from the ancilliaries....and that this might be sticking on when warm causing the racing.....any ideas?

its on injection too, and also seems to have had £400 spent on a tune up chip as well. about three grand was spent on the engine in total so i goes well when warm. much more aggressive than my old v8 seven :-)

paul

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
that scoop puts mine to shame!
swanny

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
its a big bugger alright !
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Does it accommodate the rove v8 standard efi setup? Or something different
swanny

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
yes i believe so. haven't had the bonnet off since its been back at mine yet but it all looked pretty standard to me,. its not perfect but not bad for a home made ally job.
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 3/5/16 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not dissing it at all, there is no way I could have made one like it, I like a car that has a different look, makes it individual.

I've never used the standard rover v8 setup, mines had a holley carb, followed by how I have changed it to running on bike TBs with MS.

I don't get much of a chance to drive it these days, 2 young kids and all, but I did scrounge a day out yesterday and found some great roads to get to Stonleigh. Had a massive grin on my face for miles and miles.

swanny

posted on 3/5/16 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
my last v8 had a massive edelbrock carb, the result of a late night wine fueled ebay session, it looked good though!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.