Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Refund on two pack paint
Slimy38

posted on 12/8/16 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Refund on two pack paint

I've bought some etch primer + hardener, and it turns out the etch primer is green. As the particular shop don't sell a green etch primer (and I asked for grey anyway), I'm guessing it's not right.

Problem is, I remember they didn't have any other tins, so they're probably going to have to give me a refund. But am I entitled to get a refund on the hardener, since I can't use it anymore? Unfortunately I have cracked the seal (I was literally getting ready to mix them).

coozer

posted on 12/8/16 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Well, its their fault so should give you your money back...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

gremlin1234

posted on 12/8/16 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38I've bought some etch primer + hardener, and it turns out the etch primer is green. As the particular shop don't sell a green etch primer (and I asked for grey anyway), I'm guessing it's not right.

Problem is, I remember they didn't have any other tins, so they're probably going to have to give me a refund. But am I entitled to get a refund on the hardener, since I can't use it anymore? Unfortunately I have cracked the seal (I was literally getting ready to mix them).
just take it back see what they say. (shouldn't be a problem)
I once bought from halfords some green hammerite for garden swings, and it was blue, thought it looked wrong, but painted them anyway, (was the only paint I had, and thought it might dry differently), took the empty pot back! (but the only replacements they had were still blue)
ps they then stayed blue for many many years!

Wadders

posted on 12/8/16 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried giving it a stir ? Surprising how much paint can change colour with a good mix. Grey and green are not too far off each other

[Edited on 12/8/16 by Wadders]

Slimy38

posted on 13/8/16 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
Have you tried giving it a stir ? Surprising how much paint can change colour with a good mix. Grey and green are not too far off each other

[Edited on 12/8/16 by Wadders]

I did think that, I even thought that it could change colour after mixing with the hardener. The first stir managed to disturb some thick yellow pigment that was on the bottom, which actually turned it brighter green!!

Just to make sure, I also mixed some with the hardener, it stayed green as well.

joneh

posted on 13/8/16 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Here's some metal paint I bought from B&Q:

Talon Motorsport

posted on 13/8/16 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I think you'll find thats B&Q special range of limited edition Michael Jackson black.............
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 13/8/16 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
LOL, awesome!!
myke pocock

posted on 13/8/16 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Take some stirring to get that to change to black even though I am colour blind.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.