<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy Crash
Matt21

posted on 31/10/16 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy Crash

Is this anyone from off here?

Hope the driver is ok! It's a very nasty place for the sign post to have hit

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/driver-taken-hospital-after-crashing-12067299

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

CosKev3

posted on 31/10/16 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure that's been on ebay recently.

As you say hope they recover ok,exactly where you don't want a sign post to hit you

If it is a recent purchase I bet the 17 inch tyres and damp road have caught them out.

If you haven't driven one before in differing weathers the difference in grip from a dry road to a damp one is way more exaggerated than any tin top car,so easy to get caught out.

Toprivetguns

posted on 31/10/16 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I hope the person in question makes a full recovery.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

David Jenkins

posted on 31/10/16 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
If you haven't driven one before in differing weathers the difference in grip from a dry road to a damp one is way more exaggerated than any tin top car,so easy to get caught out.

Mine's downright spiteful in the wet - I end up driving it so slow that I get overtaken by Nissan Micras.

Of all the places to be hit in a seven-style car, that's got to be one of the worst. I guess that only a direct hit on the rear that damages the petrol tank would be as bad. I hope the driver will recover OK.

coyoteboy

posted on 31/10/16 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
So little protection on that spot, terrifying. No way I'd be leaving mine without some upgrades to side impact protection if I were going 7-esque

adithorp

posted on 31/10/16 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Nasty but the fact they haven't had to chop to side out to extract the driver is hopefully a good sign.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

LBMEFM

posted on 31/10/16 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
That looks very nasty, from the tunnel to the side of the car is tight anyway and it would appear that this been reduced by about half. I would imagine that his lower body has taken a huge battering. Speedy recovery mate.
russbost

posted on 1/11/16 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
So little protection on that spot, terrifying. No way I'd be leaving mine without some upgrades to side impact protection if I were going 7-esque

Exactly what I've been saying for ages, I've not tried slamming my Furore into a post sideways & would rather not try the experiment, but I'm sure it would survive a LOT better than that. The silly thing is, that improving side protection substantially without losing the general size, shape & appearance wouldn't be difficult, particularly at the design stage.

Hope the guy is ok

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Matt21

posted on 1/11/16 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
It has been spotted around here quite a lot in the last couple of weeks so I guess he had just bought it.
It was a greasy road kinda day too and was literally right as you come off a roundabout.

Not a great mixture of things to add together unfortunately

Photobucket

My YouTube

wylliezx9r

posted on 1/11/16 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Light rear wheel drive cars and cold, greasy roads really don't mix. I didn't even contemplate going out in mine in such conditions. And the lack of side protection persuaded made get rid of it in the end - it really started to scare me to think what would happen if something hit the side. I'm not to sure how difference a side impact bar would make in the real world.

Just hope the person is ok, but as others have said it doesn't look good.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Wadders

posted on 1/11/16 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
A few years back, came across a Westie crash on the A82 in Scotland, car had left the road in wet conditions and hit some trees. It was literally in two halves. I feared the worst, but after a post on here about it, turned out the driver was miraculously ok.
Hope the Indy driver is in a similar position, sometimes things look worse than they are.

A year or so later coming down the A1 from another Scottish holiday, we came across a Merc saloon sat across the carriageways, every panel mashed but still on it's wheels, 100 yards of armco ripped up, lots of blood down the drivers door and a lifeless driver still sat bolt upright behind the wheel. At a guess something had penetrated the drivers window during the crash.

So i reckon side impact bars on a Se7en are a good idea, but not infallible. A side impact with a tree or heavy post is never a good idea.

Matt21

posted on 18/11/16 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
looking at the last few pics.... that must have hurt the hips! :|

Haven't heard anything of the driver though

http://www.hbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/zyview/D=vehicles/V=bidding/R=6560213

Photobucket

My YouTube

BenB

posted on 18/11/16 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
F'in hell. When your hips are part of your cars structural rigidity that's never a good thing.....
coyoteboy

posted on 19/11/16 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be expecting shattered pelvis and potential lower spinal injuries with that sort of displacement. Worse if they had good harness holding them down so they couldn't pop upward. Good luck to them.

A1

posted on 19/11/16 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
As said hitting a post like that, set in concrete is never a good idea. Imagine the force stopping you at even 30mph spread over about 48sq inches.
I bet the cops will try and pin it on speeding too...

If your cars are handling that badly in the wet you really should have a good look at them.

CosKev3

posted on 19/11/16 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
As said hitting a post like that, set in concrete is never a good idea. Imagine the force stopping you at even 30mph spread over about 48sq inches.
I bet the cops will try and pin it on speeding too...

If your cars are handling that badly in the wet you really should have a good look at them.

Have you ever driven one on a damp or wet road?

A1

posted on 19/11/16 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
No, I don't even have one, I'm only 12 years old.
CosKev3

posted on 19/11/16 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1

Ah that explains it..........

Only someone with no experience would make a stupid comment about sorting the handling out

[Edited on 19/11/16 by CosKev3]

rdodger

posted on 19/11/16 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1

That really made me laugh

Quite right. Either learn to drive or sort the handling out!

A1

posted on 19/11/16 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, I joined this site when I was four.

[Edited on 19/11/16 by A1]

Matt21

posted on 20/11/16 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
He won't have been speeding, it was about 20yards off a roundabout in a 60 limit

It tends to be a very greasy bit of road too, right as the shell grip ends

Photobucket

My YouTube

BenB

posted on 20/11/16 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Could have just mucked up and when accelerating fast and shifted down instead of up. I did that once on a slippy road and did a 180 spin.... in my case I shifted from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th on a H box but shifting down on a BEC with a bootfull of gas would do the same. ...
David Jenkins

posted on 20/11/16 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
On mine, you only have to touch the throttle in wet conditions to get the rear wheels spinning... it's - ahem - exciting, to say the least. Goodness only knows what it's like with wider wheels and no weight to speak of over the rear wheels (mine's got skinny tyres).

[Edited on 20/11/16 by David Jenkins]

A1

posted on 20/11/16 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Oh no, I didn't mean he was, but I'm sure they'll say he was.
CosKev3

posted on 20/11/16 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
quote:
Originally posted by A1

That really made me laugh

Quite right. Either learn to drive or sort the handling out!

Sort the handling out in what way?

By adding a ton of ballast?

Really can't believe users on here think it's down to 'sorting' the handling out!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.