Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello, any northern Ireland members here who built a Haynes roadster
Ltec

posted on 26/2/17 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hello, any northern Ireland members here who built a Haynes roadster

Hi as above. I'd like to see how I fit in a Haynes roadster and talk to someone who actually built one.
I've so many questions.
I'm a good welder and was a mechanic but the thought of some of the jobs to build one scared me. There has to be loads of mistakes made like fitting things on and then realising it's gonna foul something else and cutting brackets off again, and wrecking my nicely painted chassis. I'm a perfectionist and feel ill only disappoint myself that it to hard to get right.
I couldn't get it to post in new members

[Edited on 26/2/17 by Ltec]

jimmyd

posted on 27/2/17 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
I have built one, have never IVA'd it but have had a couple of track days.
I wasn't a welder and wouldn't dare call myself a mechanic although I can find my way around most jobs. I fully understand what you mean, for me it was a case of doing most things twice and later realising it still could have done different/better and ending up disappointed. However my ultimate goal was to do everything myself without "off the shelve" solutions and to follow the locost ethos. Whilst that meant eating up a lot of my time and I still see where the improvements could have been I'm overall happy with the finished article.

I live on the Ards Pennisula and happy to boil the kettle if you ever want to drop in.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.