Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Satnav for fun roads
luke2152

posted on 27/10/17 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Satnav for fun roads

Was just looking at a Tomtom Rider satnav. I'll not be buying it because it was extortionately expensive. But it had a cool feature of finding windy roads and/or hilly roads (I don't know whether they are routes suggested by others or just identified because the gps ID's them as windy)

Does anyone know of phone navi apps that do similar? I don't mind paying for it just not paying silly money. Primarily for when I'm driving somewhere unfamiliar so I can go spontaneously from A - B in the most fun way without stopping to constantly look at a map. There is a Tomtom app but it doesn't advertise having this feature.

theduck

posted on 27/10/17 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
The tomtom go app does have his feature. Have it on my iPhone.
luke2152

posted on 28/10/17 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
So it does! Well I will be trying this out. Just had to download a whole GB of UK. Get 50 miles free trial so we'll see how it goes
theduck

posted on 28/10/17 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
If I remember correctly you get 50 miles a month for free. I bought the app originally about 8 years ago and when they changed tomthe go version they gave me 3 years free 😁

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.