Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Dutton reef.
chrisxr2

posted on 27/4/18 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Dutton reef.

So I stumbled across one of what it turns out is one of two of these hybrid boat cars. Based on a 2011 1.6 fiesta detection. By all accounts it has not been straight forward, disabling of the ABS stops the whole car running, front hubs moved to the back with the engine.

[Edited on 27/4/18 by chrisxr2]

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

nick205

posted on 27/4/18 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
If you "right mouse click" on the picture and then "Save Image As" to save the picture to your computer you can add it to your Locostbuilders Photo Archive and add it to you post from there.
jps

posted on 27/4/18 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Must be a very niche customer base - £20k for a fully built one seems a lot when you could just spend 10k on a decent car and 10k a decent boat!
CosKev3

posted on 27/4/18 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Take it into the sea,pull the plug out and let it become part of a proper reef on the sea bed would be the best thing for that!
HowardB

posted on 27/4/18 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Take it into the sea,pull the plug out and let it become part of a proper reef on the sea bed would be the best thing for that!

Perhaps the owner lives in one of those places that floods a lot, or maybe they are a Bond villain and live on an Island,...

it is a repeating concept in the market, people must feel that there is a market, but then other than militarised versions not many models last,

if this rain keeps up - I might need a boat - -

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

SteveWalker

posted on 27/4/18 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
Must be a very niche customer base - £20k for a fully built one seems a lot when you could just spend 10k on a decent car and 10k a decent boat!

If I had £20k to spare for one, I'd buy an Alvis Stalwart instead and keep any left-over money for fuel - although at £18K for a top end one and with a 450l fuel tank capacity, I'd not get many fills out of any change!

HowardB

posted on 27/4/18 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Originally posted by jps

If I had £20k to spare for one, I'd buy an Alvis Stalwart instead and keep any left-over money for fuel - although at £18K for a top end one and with a 450l fuel tank capacity, I'd not get many fills out of any change!

and no space on your drive,...

Howard

HowardB

posted on 27/4/18 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Originally posted by jps

and no space on your drive,...

although you can do this youtube linky

Howard

chrisxr2

posted on 27/4/18 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
That allis looks great fun. I spotted the car near Sleaford in lincs so not near any significant bodies of water thats for sure.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Theshed

posted on 27/4/18 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Way too slow.....get one of these

http://www.fastamphibians.com/ducks-to-help-in-haiti-how-about-a-modern-amphibian/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.