Board logo

Name that movie
loggyboy - 26/2/15 at 02:10 PM

I'm struggling to find or remember the name of a movie I watched many years ago (15-20yrs?). I watched late one night on one of the UKs regular 1-4 channels available on normal TVs back then.
The general story is about a teenager/young man and that the world is stuck/fixed in the 50s/60s, but this is done by a controlling big brother style government, who restrict all things that would move things on. I think headsets that pacify/control people were used and some how this lad discovers this and manages to find modern music and play over a radio to try and tell everyone.
End of movie is him being captured by government officials and being told he reached only a few people, most of which thought it was a joke/comedy radio transmission.

Can the LCB collective help?!

fesycresy - 26/2/15 at 04:51 PM

Some bits of your description sound like 'They Live'.

I was forced to watch this by a mate who believes it's totally true.

Slimy38 - 26/2/15 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Some bits of your description sound like 'They Live'.

I was forced to watch this by a mate who believes it's totally true.

I loved that film!!

I don't think that's the film though, 'They Live' revolves around the sunglasses and most people remember the film by them.

loggyboy - 26/2/15 at 08:02 PM

Yeah not that one im afraid. No aliens. Just the government/big brother bad guys.

Ugg10 - 26/2/15 at 09:02 PM

Sounds like a cross between westworld and stepford wives?

olimarler - 27/2/15 at 09:01 AM

Any idea on the actors in it?

fesycresy - 27/2/15 at 09:09 AM

If no one can get it by the end of play today, I may have to ring my conspiracy guru up.

geoff shep - 27/2/15 at 10:41 AM

Harrison Bergeron? - IMDB or YouTube

There's a newer version - 2081:Everyone will finally be equal - YouTube