Board logo

Proud Dad Moment - budding camera man required
Barkalarr - 1/3/15 at 10:18 PM

Had a massive proud dad moment today - my son (14) plays football for the local club. It's his 3rd season - he was a late soccer starter compared with the rest of his mates.
In his first season, the team would loose 18-0 regularly and none of them could hit the side of a barn at 5 paces!

Today, 3 years on, they won their cup semi final (6-0 on aggregate) which puts them through to the FINAL in 3 weeks time at a proper football stadium - bit of a change from the regular dodge the dog sh1t meadows they normally play on.

As parents, we're going to enjoy this moment for the kids - the team and coaches are going to dress in matching tie and jackets and transport there will have to be by team bus (well, local coach company).

If anyone knows of someone who is a budding presenter / media student / camera man, I'd love to have a DVD of the day as we may never get this opportunity again, so it's defo one for the scrap book.
The final is 3 week Sunday at noon at Witham Town FC

austin man - 1/3/15 at 10:45 PM

Just a tip after managing a team for 4 years through all the high's and lows theres nowt worse than rocking up with a camera or video equipment to be told you can us it due to child protection.

Make sure you get an agreement from all the teams you are playing against otherwise it may be a no go

Barkalarr - 1/3/15 at 10:52 PM

Good shout - that didn't even cross my mind... I was thinking more Match of the day....

perksy - 1/3/15 at 11:02 PM

As above

Sadly its a bit of a minefield these days at it might also be worth checking with the local kids league committee/FA to see what their guidelines are ?

Hope they get a good result and everybody enjoys the day

ste - 2/3/15 at 01:34 AM

Why not try the local press? even if it's a newspaper reporter and a few photos, it's something to remember it by.