Board logo

Important info EU vote
ian locostzx9rc2 - 19/4/16 at 06:52 PM

Is everyone aware that you have to register to vote your not automatically registered via the electoral role !! I think it's a disgrace .

mark chandler - 19/4/16 at 06:59 PM

Our polling cards came through the post, did not have to do anything as on the electoral roll

ian locostzx9rc2 - 19/4/16 at 07:01 PM

Is that for the EU vote because that's not what's written on the government burb ?

ian locostzx9rc2 - 19/4/16 at 07:08 PM

Just been online panic over if your on the electoral vote you are able to vote , sorry for this post .

motorcycle_mayhem - 19/4/16 at 07:10 PM

I wasn't aware of that one.... if that's the case.

The only polling card I've had recently is for which overpaid/over-rated/corrupt Police Commissioner you'd like to elect.
Filed in the usual place.

I've had some Blubberment EU propaganda through the door though, front page looked a bit like a cigarette warning... went something like:

"Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the Government"

Anyway, OK, need to check this registration thing out, thanks.

rusty nuts - 19/4/16 at 07:15 PM

One question I have , do non British residents get to vote ?

morcus - 19/4/16 at 07:29 PM

I think you have to be resident to vote as my ex pat friends and family have told me they aren't allowed to vote.

For every election they have to remind us to register to vote and tell us that paying council tax doesn't mean you are registered, but if you haven't moved since you last voted you should still be registered, and I'm pretty sure they send you a personal reminder if they think the info is wrong or missing (IE to houses with no one registered to vote there).

theconrodkid - 19/4/16 at 08:14 PM

Remember chaps,just tick the OUT box.

David Jenkins - 19/4/16 at 09:08 PM

I've just finished watching the second part of the BBC programme "Europe: Them or Us". VERY interesting, and a real eye-opener. Clearly the Beeb tried to be politically neutral - otherwise they'd be torn to shreds by the government - and so they stuck to reporting the facts, without adding their own opinion: all the better for it.

If you care about the Europe vote, go and look at the 2-part programme on BBC iPlayer, whichever way you end up voting.

loggyboy - 19/4/16 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

Not a chance!

slingshot2000 - 19/4/16 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

^^^^^^ What he said, it's important !

coozer - 19/4/16 at 11:21 PM

Yep, OUT before there's nothing left!!!

JoelP - 20/4/16 at 06:15 AM

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

nick205 - 20/4/16 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
One question I have , do non British residents get to vote ?

I don't believe they do - my wife is a US citizen with residency in the UK and has not been able to vote in the UK.

killerferret666 - 20/4/16 at 02:35 PM

most importantly

www.voteleave.co.uk

[Edited on 20/4/16 by killerferret666]

myke pocock - 20/4/16 at 07:08 PM

Yes, I also got that crap leaflet from the Tories. Converted it into convenient shaped pieces, punched holes in the corners and sent it back to Conservative Central orrofice, Freepost of course, with a note to say I have done most of the work for them but perhaps they would like to provide their own nail to be able to hang the pieces in a suitable small room!

LBMEFM - 21/4/16 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem[/i

I've had some Blubberment EU propaganda through the door though, front page looked a bit like a cigarette warning... went something like:

"Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the Government

Apparently that cost £9 million, there's value!!