Board logo

New Mobil phone
jacko - 12/8/16 at 06:05 PM

I'm looking for a new Mobil phone and i like Samsung phones I don't want to pay the earth but quite like the J3 has anyone got one and what do you think of it
Good and bad parts please
Jacko

britishtrident - 12/8/16 at 06:43 PM

We switched from Samsung to HTC more bang per buck and much better Android version without the Samsung bloatware

roadrunner - 12/8/16 at 10:39 PM

Just upgraded the wife's phone. Decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy A3.
Really surprised with the quality of the phone. I'm used to the S range and was surprised with the feel and quality of the camera.
Managed to get it for £14 a month with Vodafone.

Toys2 - 12/8/16 at 11:22 PM

We bought my son the new J3 on TalkMobile as his first phone, he's a bit of a techy and is very pleased with it

benchmark51 - 14/8/16 at 11:27 AM

I had a galaxy s2 for 2 years and it was faultless. Replaced it with a s4, which was a bit flaky at times, kept rebooting and sometimes just turn off altogether especially when trying to play video. Then after 18 months I broke the screen. Bought a new screen and fitted it myself (dead easy). Still played up though so I bought a new battery and 'hey presto' the phone was perfect. Had it 3 years now, not sure a new one is going to offer anything more. I get my phones on ebay, new and boxed, no contract (giffgaff) and have saved loads.

nick205 - 15/8/16 at 08:12 AM

We have a Samsung "Smart" TV - OK, but the older Panasonic TV we had was quicker and easier to use IMHO.

We have a Samsung "PVR" - OK, but the older PVR we had (forget the brand, but not Samsung) was quicker and easier to use IMHO.

I have a Samsung "Mobile" Galaxy S5 Mini - OK, but older HTC One S was better IMHO.

Samsung is termed "Samshite" in our house and I'm of a mind to look for other brands myself.

That said I'm sure some of their stuff is OK it's just not for me.

big_wasa - 15/8/16 at 10:34 AM

Got my wife and my son a j3 and they are both very pleased. My son hated the Nokia windows phone.

I've had a play with one and thought it was great but the camera was no where near as good as my s4.

Other than the s4 battery problems I still can't bring my self to pay up for an s7 yet.

[Edited on 15/8/16 by big_wasa]

Ivan - 15/8/16 at 11:31 AM

I have a Samsung S2 that's all of five years old and am very happy with it and have yet to find anything it can't do that matters - will only replace it when it fails so hopefully it will last another few years. Can't see the point of spending good quality laptop money an a phone.

With respect to your question I am sure that the J3 is far more advanced than the S2 so should do everything a sane person would want.

[Edited on 15/8/16 by Ivan]