Board logo

Woodworking Machine Switch
myke pocock - 13/1/17 at 09:02 PM

Hope you don't mind me asking this but there are so many experts on this site in all areas. I have a Dewalt DW 50 planer thicknesser which I bought new around 30 odd years ago. The switch has just internally self destructed and they are not listed by Dewalt now. The original is a Telemechanique make. I presume its a NVR. I am looking for a replacement. Don't mind what size as I can easily fit it. The important info from the motor is 1.5KW, 2HP, 240V, 8.7A, 2800RPM, 50CY, 99PF%. Doesn't need a separate Emergency Stop facility. Anyone any ideas where I can get something to do the job please?

Toprivetguns - 14/1/17 at 08:32 AM

Any chance of a picture ?

JeffHs - 14/1/17 at 10:19 AM

Have you tried eBay? I got one for my table saw. Search for machine on off switch - lots of options

DW100 - 14/1/17 at 10:52 AM

Rs components stock a few that may be suitable.

http://uk.rs-online.com/

Search for NVR switch

[Edited on 14/1/17 by DW100]

trextr7monkey - 14/1/17 at 12:03 PM

Hi My ke
Axminster tools do a dinky extension lead with a NVR switch and stop button in a box on the end that you plug your device into - the sort of thing you would fit to a home made router table or Coozer s patent death saw.
Failing that we have some bits knocking about that might work a small machine Mart sander packed up the other week so the switch gear from that might work. We are in Carlisle

sprintB+ - 14/1/17 at 04:45 PM

second for RS components. Get all our switch gear for machinery from them.

myke pocock - 14/1/17 at 08:04 PM

Thanks trextr7monkey for the offer, I have now sourced one so am sorted.