Board logo

Ebay and PayPal fall out....
jossey - 2/2/18 at 02:41 PM

Ebay and PayPal are parting ways. Meaning that the eBay have a new payment processor. From the new terms it looks like you can still pay via PayPal but they plan to charge a fee in the future to pay this way.

This will be interesting

What's your opinion

loggyboy - 2/2/18 at 02:46 PM

Paypal sucks so suits me.

dinosaurjuice - 2/2/18 at 03:31 PM

When i started using eBay it was essentially an online auction (i know that sounds silly, but i mean a proper auction in a cattle shed once a month), and it was brilliant. Now its just another online retailer... but without the customer service of Amazon or others. I still use it... but less and less...

coyoteboy - 2/2/18 at 03:38 PM

Never had a problem with paypal. Ebay charges too much.

David Jenkins - 2/2/18 at 04:17 PM

Interesting - especially as the G'ment have just introduced a law that says that retailers can't charge extra for any legal means of payment (e.g. fees for using credit cards, PayPal).

jossey - 2/2/18 at 05:16 PM

ebay say the split will reduce fees to sell and buy if using credit card etc. I would be surprised if that do that given the lack of options we have as consumers.

Ebay has changed a lot over time and for sellers not for the best in my opinion. I have had so many issues with buyers and paypal rules. EG buyer buys a set of wheels off me and then when he collected i left feedback and said he had paid. he then contacted ebay a month later saying that he had not received the item. Even though the advert said collection only. Interesting when I saw the kit car he had with MY wheels on a few months later on Facebook. Then I messaged him and he blocked me.

They took my money.

Then another case I sold an broken laptop as spares or repairs. saying it would not boot up but may just need a new charger. The seller complained and got his money back for the item being faulty.

jossey - 2/2/18 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Interesting - especially as the G'ment have just introduced a law that says that retailers can't charge extra for any legal means of payment (e.g. fees for using credit cards, PayPal).

easy to get around though they call it a service fee now. Like Just eat etc.

same fee different name.

bonzoronnie - 2/2/18 at 06:05 PM

I thought ebay owned papal.

Quick search states that ebay acquired paypal on July 8, 2002 .

Guess they must have some sort of extra money making idea.

Edit to add

Just read that ebay sold papal in 2015

[Edited on 2/2/18 by bonzoronnie]

rusty nuts - 2/2/18 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

easy to get around though they call it a service fee now. Like Just eat etc.

same fee different name.

Do you have to pay a service charge if you haven't had good service? I'm not sure you have to?

jossey - 2/2/18 at 08:15 PM

Not sure on that one.

UncleFista - 2/2/18 at 11:14 PM

As far as I know, if you're made aware of it beforehand, you have to pay.

CarLover4Ever - 28/2/18 at 07:52 PM

I didn't even know about that. I haven't noticed any extra charges so far.