Board logo

Visiting Montreal
jps - 28/5/18 at 07:59 AM

Does anyone on here know the place well? I'm flying out at tea-time today, and have a couple of free evenings and most of Saturday before I fly back.

My hotel is close to Mont Royal so I'm planning to walkrun up that at least once.

Anything else in the city worth seeking out?

JC - 29/5/18 at 06:30 AM

The Olympic Park, where the Circuit Giles Villeneuve is located is worth a walk if you get some time.
Check out Ice Hockey at the Bell Centre - don’t know if it is in season!
Have a look what festivals are on - the Comedy festival is worth a look.
Little Italy is good if you like Italian food.
For tourists, the lively part of town is near Rue Cresent in the so called International Quarter - lots of restaurants and bars etc. If you like live music try the Irish Bar, Hurleys.
A lot of people rave about ‘Old town’ - I didn’t think it was that good!

Enjoy

jps - 29/5/18 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JC
The Olympic Park, where the Circuit Giles Villeneuve is located is worth a walk if you get some time.
Check out Ice Hockey at the Bell Centre - don’t know if it is in season!
Have a look what festivals are on - the Comedy festival is worth a look.
Little Italy is good if you like Italian food.
For tourists, the lively part of town is near Rue Cresent in the so called International Quarter - lots of restaurants and bars etc. If you like live music try the Irish Bar, Hurleys.
A lot of people rave about ‘Old town’ - I didn’t think it was that good!

Enjoy

Cheers mate - I will get over to the circuit then, looks like it's only a few subway stops away. I am gutted I am here just a little too early to stay on and catch the GP!!!

Found Rue Cresent last night on the recommendation of the lad at reception in the hotel, only a few minutes walk from where I am staying Even has a Hooters bar