Board logo

Trick of the eye.
Rorty - 26/8/03 at 07:07 AM

Does anyone remember some years ago, those pictures which you stared at and a 3D image appeared?
I've just been staring at my screen, waiting for the page to download, and the forum's tread plate background miraculously appeared in 3D.
I found more info here.

Metal Hippy - 26/8/03 at 07:45 AM

I always used to refer to those things as the Eye Screwers.

Maybe I was just bitter at not being able to do them....

geoff shep - 26/8/03 at 07:16 PM

You can make them yourself - there's a robin hood in this one somewhere:

Wadders - 26/8/03 at 08:04 PM

LOL

Naughty, very naughty!

]Originally posted by geoff shep
You can make them yourself - there's a robin hood in this one somewhere: [/quote

Rorty - 27/8/03 at 05:05 AM

geoff shep:

quote:

there's a robin hood in this one somewhere

I don't know about a Robin hood (unless you got it from RH), but it's certainly some form of Sevenesque.
I saw one a while ago of a girl's nasty. It didn't half give you a shock, as the rest of the image was quite innocent looking.

ChrisW - 27/8/03 at 08:26 AM

Post it on here then Rorty

Geoff - did you do that one yourself? Where did you get the prog from? I used to have a thing to do them but that was on my Commodre Amiga!

Chris

geoff shep - 27/8/03 at 08:53 AM

Yes I did, I think it was a shareware prog - you were supposed to designate different bits of the picture with different colours representing different depths but all I managed was a single layer. So you get a flat shape floating over a deeper background. I'll search the old floppy archives and the web and see what I can find.

Rorty, it's definitely a RH.

See what you can see here.....

Noodle - 27/8/03 at 09:18 AM

Some rabbits and a spoon?

ned - 27/8/03 at 09:38 AM

2x witches on broomsticks i recon.

Ned.

ijohnston99 - 27/8/03 at 09:44 AM

What do you need to be on to see these things??

geoff shep - 27/8/03 at 09:54 AM

Good guesses - look again and see if you can convince yourself that you're seeing this:

Findlay234 - 27/8/03 at 12:03 PM

heres the best kind of 3d image using sterioscope ideas and a bit of crosseyed action.....

http://www.kronoma.com

goto to the page seeing3d to understand how to see them and then goto the galleries. really good!

MK Goldrush - 4/9/03 at 04:00 PM

No cross eyed action required. How weird is this!!!!!!!!! Rescued attachment raareffect.jpg
Rescued attachment raareffect.jpg

JoelP - 4/9/03 at 06:22 PM

Thats mad. They dont spin if you keep your eyes really still and only look at one, but as soon as you flicker they all start to twist! Summut to do with convex screen or fish eye lens? Feels like that the way they spin as you move across them....

Peteff - 4/9/03 at 07:54 PM

I've printed it out and it's still spinning away at the side of me. I am now in its power, its will is my command, yes master I will drink much beer. Is it from a brewery poster or something.
If I stare at one it holds still and all the others move.

yours, Pete.

sgraber - 5/9/03 at 04:05 AM

Whoah, That's trippy! reminds me of something that happened to me in college. Ok... during ALL of college...

Graber

Rorty - 5/9/03 at 04:33 AM

geoff Shep called me a "RH"! What's that?

geoff shep - 5/9/03 at 07:53 AM

The trouble is that you're getting all this upside down! I said it was a RH - ie the picture - it is one I did of my Robin Hood.

MK Goldrush - 7/9/03 at 08:56 PM

Anyone see anything in this...? Rescued attachment saturn.jpg
Rescued attachment saturn.jpg

chrisg - 7/9/03 at 09:10 PM

Saturn?

JoelP - 7/9/03 at 10:22 PM

Neptune? I was gonna shout 'a turtle' but then the bottom appeared!

MK Goldrush - 7/9/03 at 10:30 PM

Rescued attachment spring.jpg
Rescued attachment spring.jpg

ChrisW - 8/9/03 at 10:03 AM

Looks like a spring to me.

Chris

DaveFJ - 8/9/03 at 12:10 PM

try this site out...

click here

MK Goldrush - 8/9/03 at 12:17 PM

S H I T I just fell over!!!!

jollygreengiant - 9/9/03 at 02:58 PM

Nope I MUST be blind the only ones that work are the spinning ones the rest are a mystery.

Enjoy.

MK Goldrush - 9/9/03 at 03:04 PM

Jollygreengiant, when looking at the picture, try to focus on an imaginary point 12 inches or so behind the image.(or make your eyesight go blurred) Give it a minute or so and the 3D image will appear......... hopefully !!!

thetankwad - 9/9/03 at 03:04 PM

Am i the only Knob that simply cant see anything in these. Not one.

DaveFJ - 9/9/03 at 03:20 PM

a good trick rof seeing them...

press your nose up against the screen and let your eyes stray out of focus. after about 15 seconds start to very slowly back away - the image should 'swim' into focus

You look a right dick if you try it at work though!!! (I just did)

ned - 9/9/03 at 04:17 PM

i remember hearing that there is a small percentage of people that can't see them at all, and those who wear glasses may see them inverted or something wierd..

Ned.

GO - 9/9/03 at 04:20 PM

I've never been able to see them, even using all the tricks I've read/been told on how to do it. Fortunately I've learnt my lesson and won't be making a complete tit of myself at work! At least not this time anyway

Peteff - 9/9/03 at 05:51 PM

I can't see them because I have a strong right eye. My left eye is lazy according to the optician and I think it's spreading to the rest of my body. I can see the spinning ones though.

yours, Pete.