Board logo

Weird Fuel Tank
donut - 2/10/07 at 02:44 PM

As you can see below my fuel tank looks like it was designed for a different car and not a 7. It looks like it's sitting on it's side and needs to be upright which fits fine but then the filer neck etc is in the wrong place. I have tried every which way but i think i either need a new tank or need to get the holes moved and blanked.

Which would be the better option? By the time i have spent dosh on fuel and getting the holes moved i may as well buy a new one. There are some new tanks on ebay at £75-£80 delivered.

Anyone know what this tank is from as it came with the locost.

3 Catch Tank1
3 Catch Tank1

baz265 - 2/10/07 at 02:54 PM

And while your waiting on a new one you can clean up the garage

Mine is worse but that is what i have to listen to every day so i thought id share it with you

donut - 2/10/07 at 03:11 PM

I already have a reputation for an untidy garage, and thats probably how it's gonna stay

westcost1 - 2/10/07 at 03:22 PM

doesn’t look to bad to me just fit a 90degre fuel; filler hose then onto the filler cap on the back that’s what i have done works well you could make some mounts to support the bottom that the straps could bolt to? ill take some pics of my tank if you like.

Done a doge paint drawing to illustrate see my archive last pic

[Edited on 2/10/07 by westcost1]

[Edited on 2/10/07 by westcost1]

donut - 2/10/07 at 03:59 PM

Yeah that could work, troubl is because it's kinda on it's side it is too close to the panhard rod and will fowl it.

JAG - 2/10/07 at 04:11 PM

It looks like a Caterham fuel tank to me. I used one in my car, see this picture;

You can see the Caterham fuel tank in this one...
You can see the Caterham fuel tank in this one...

I ended up making a wooden frame that sits under the tank to fully support the angled bottom of the tank. Then I fixed it like normal.

donut - 2/10/07 at 04:25 PM

Yeah looks exactly the same. I'll have a look at mine and see if i can get it to clear the panhard rod.

Avoneer - 2/10/07 at 04:56 PM

I'd be more worried about those tacks on the roll bar rear stays!

Pat...