Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT......Any Fridge Experts out there????
Bumble

posted on 16/4/14 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
OT......Any Fridge Experts out there????

Hi all,
Very non car related......I have a Beko CF6914 Fridge Freezer just over 2 years old which has suddenly decided to freeze everything in the fridge despite being set to Min (ie warmest setting). This is my garage beer fridge!! It has destroyed numerous cans / bottles of beer and some bottles of wine

I've replaced both the thermostat and the PCB as these are fairly low cost replacements and easy to do. No change!!
Fridge control is electronic and silent running so you cant hear the compressor kick in / out.

Freezer is fine.

Any pointers? What else could it be?

Thanks,

Matt

40inches

posted on 16/4/14 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
If this is like all the other Beko fridges I have repaired, and you have changed the PCB, then it may be dead
Over freezing of the fridge is, usually, the temp thermistor attached to the evaporator. Beko, along with most manufacturers, in their wisdom apply the insulation foam after construction, sealing the thermistor in.

David Jenkins

posted on 16/4/14 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, I would read "min" as "minimum temperature", not "minimum cooling effort" - are you sure you're reading the instructions correctly?

For example, the air conditioning in my car has "Min" as "don't worry about a target temperature, just blow as cold as you can manage".

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.