Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Smart phone warning, please read and act
Jon Ison

posted on 12/8/14 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
Smart phone warning, please read and act

I had my iphone stolen yesterday whilst on holiday in the Dominican Republic not that location matters I guess theft is theft.

Any how, I have the find my phone app set up, 10.12am this morning it was turned on and I was notified straight away, phone locked straight away location logged, hotel security drove to location (employees house) phone retrieved job done.

If you have not done so already, get a find my phone app on your phone and also log your EMEI number somewhere safe.

Do it now.

Agriv8

posted on 12/8/14 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Good Point Jon just downloaded and installed while on the morning constitutional ( I-poo )

Its Free for I-Phone and I-Pad. I will set Mrs Agriv8 this eve

and Emailing myself the EIMI number.

See info Here

Ta for the heads up
Agriv8

[Edited on 12/8/14 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

RoadkillUK

posted on 12/8/14 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Android users should install Cerberus, however there is also this that is from Google themselves Device Manager, bolt and braces here btw because I also use Prey Anti-theft.

Hope that covers it, have a nice day

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FuryRebuild

posted on 12/8/14 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Good advice. I also use it to find it when it's lost down the sofa.

The remote lock and wipe is also useful - good to know you can brick it remotely as well.

I also use hiddenapp on my mac. Again, tracks it down as best it can using wifi, but then will start sending you pictures of what's on the desktop and it activates the inbuilt camera (in stealth mode) every 30s. Once installed, it doesn't visually show up anywhere.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

bi22le

posted on 12/8/14 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Great advice, and good to get a result!!

Im thinking about getting one of these apps. So any other recommendations (with proven results) for apps that provide this kind of locking \ tracking service?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

britishtrident

posted on 12/8/14 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Google plus Device manager works fine.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

tegwin

posted on 12/8/14 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have thought about this many times but each time I come back to the fact that by installing the app I am allowing yet another company to see where I am at any given time, quite what they do with this data I don't know.....which is worrying.. so i guess you win some you loose some

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.